via press release:
CBS SWEEPS THE 2012-2013 SEASON IN ALL KEY RATINGS CATEGORIES
#1 in Viewers for the 10th Time in 11 Years,Winning By the Largest Margin of Any Network in 24 Years
#1 in Adults 18-49 for the First Time in 21 Years, Even WithSunday Excluded
#1 in Adults 25-54 for the Seventh Time in the Last Nine Seasons
Top Seven Scripted Programs in Viewers
Nine of the Top 15 Scripted Series in Adults 18-49—More Than Any Other Network
Top Five Dramas; Four of the Top Five Comedies
“” is the Season's #1 Program for the First Time
“” is #1 Comedy in Viewers, A18-49, A25-54 and A18-34
“” is the #1 New Series and #1 New Drama
CBS swept the 2012-2013 television season in all key ratings categories, placing first in viewers for the 10th time in 11 years, first in adults 18-49 for the first time in 21 years (1991-1992), and first in adults 25-54 for the seventh time in the last nine seasons, according to Nielsen most current ratings through the week ending May 19.
With two nights remaining, CBS is the only major network posting year-to-year growth in viewers (+1%) and will win the season by 4 million viewers, the largest margin by any network in 24 years (1988-1989). CBS will win in adults 18-49 even withSunday excluded from the season average.
In a sign of the network's broad reach and demographic strength across the schedule, CBS will finish the season with more programs ranked among the top 30 in viewers (16), adults 18-49 (12) and adults 25-54 (15) than any other network.
CBS has the top seven scripted series in viewers—, , : LOS ANGELES, , , and .
The Network has the top five dramas—, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, , and .
CBS has four of the five comedies—, , and MIKE & MOLLY.
was the fastest-growing drama on a major broadcast network, up +12% from last season.
The Network also has nine of the top 15 scripted programs in adults 18-49, more than all of the other networks combined—, , NCIS, , , , NCIS: LOS ANGELES, and MIKE & MOLLY.
CBS has the #1 scripted program in viewers on five nights—Tuesday (NCIS), Thursday (THE), Friday ( ), Saturday (CRIMETIME SATURDAY) and Sunday (THE ).
Additional Primetime Highlights:
- #1 program—NCIS
- #1 drama—NCIS
- #1 comedy—THE
- #1 new series— . This marks the fourth time in the past five seasons that CBS had the #1 new series.
- #1 news program—
- #1 scripted series in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and adults 18-34—THE
- More time period winners in viewers than all other networks combined (15)
- More time period winners in adults 25-54 than all other networks combined (14)
- Tied for most time period winners in adults 18-49 (7)
- CBS is first on five nights in viewers (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday), second on the other two (Monday and Wednesday). No other network wins more than one night.
Live +7 Day DVR Lift:
- CBS is the #1 network in L+7 Day DVR lift, averaging gains of +1.53 million viewers, +0.6 points in adults 25-54 and +0.5 rating points in adults 18-49.
- Four of the top 10, and 10 of the top 20 gainers in viewers (more than any network):
#3 THE(+ 3.3 million)
#5 NCIS (+ 3.1 million)
#6(+ 3.0 million)
#9 THE(+ 2.8 million)
#11(+ 2.8 million)
#12(+ 2.7 million)
#14(+ 2.5 million)
#17 NCIS: LOS ANGELES (+ 2.4 million)
#19(+ 2.4 million)
#20: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (+2.3 million)
Annual Franchise Specials Have Big Year:
- THE 55TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS® delivered 28.37 million viewers, the second-largest audience since 1993, its second-highest adult 25-54 (11.2) and adults 18-49 (10.1) ratings since 2004, setting a new awards show social TV record with 18.7 million social media comments.
- The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS posted its biggest audience in 15 years (15.51m), its best adult 18-49 rating since 2001 (4.3) and its best adult 25-54 rating since 2000 (5.4), topping the “CMA Awards” for the first time. The ACM was up +39% from last year in adults 18-49, +26% in adults 25-54 and broke social media records.
- THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS was up in viewers (9.72m), adults 25-54 (3.4/08) and adults 18-49 (2.7/07) compared to last year.
NIELSEN PRIMETIME RATINGS
(Sept. 24, 2012-May 19, 2013)