via press release:
ACC College Football Games Added to ESPN’s 2013 Schedule
Twenty additional 2013 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) college football games have been added across ESPN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3. Combined with five previously released games, every conference home contest, as well as a road and neutral site matchup, will be available on an ESPN platform during the first three weeks of the season. In addition, the lineup includes the Dr Pepper ACC Championship Game from Charlotte and the previously announced four Thursday ESPN College Football Primetime telecasts and a game on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Additional games will be announced as the season progresses. Highlights:
- The early selections include multiple games involving teams ranked in an early ESPN.com preseason top 25 poll, highlighted by the Saturday Night Football season-debut pitting No. 12 Clemson against No. 7 Georgia from the SEC on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. Additional highlights:
- The season kicks off with a Thursday ESPN College Football Primetime telecast pitting North Carolina at the SEC’s No. 8 South Carolina on August 29, at 6 p.m. on ESPN.
- Virginia Tech vs. two-time defending BCS National Champion No. 2 Alabama of the SEC in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game from Atlanta on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 5:30 p.m. on ESPN.
- ACC teams hosting ranked teams on Saturday, Sept. 7: Miami (Fla.) against No. 11 Florida at noon on ESPN and Virginia against No. 3 Oregon at 3:30 p.m. on ABC and ESPN2.
- ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU will each televise a showdown between conference foes in the first three weeks: Florida State at Pittsburgh on Monday, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m. on ESPN; Wake Forest at Boston College on Friday, Sept. 6, at 8 p.m. on ESPN2; and Georgia Tech at Duke on Saturday, Sept. 14, at 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
- ESPN’s Labor Day prime-time telecast on Monday, Sept. 2, at 8 p.m. will mark the ACC debut for Pittsburgh with the Panthers hosting defending conference champion No. 14 Florida State, which finished last season with a 12-2 overall record. The eight meetings between the programs occurred between 1971 and 1983 with Pittsburgh holding a 5-3 edge in the series.
- ESPN’s popular Thursday ESPN College Football Primetime series will include five matchups involving ACC teams, highlighted by two appearances by a Clemson program that is coming off an 11-2 record in 2012: at Atlantic Division rival NC State on September 19 and against 2012 conference championship game participant Georgia Tech on November 14.
- ESPN3 will offer coverage of 14 games, including eight exclusively.
The 2013 ACC schedule as of May 23 (additional selections to be announced):
|Thu, Aug 29||6 p.m.||North Carolina at No. 8 South Carolina *||ESPN|
|6:30 p.m.||Presbyterian at Wake Forest||ESPN3|
|Fri, Aug 30||8 p.m.||Florida Atlantic at Miami (Fla.)||ESPNU|
|Sat, Aug 31||Noon||Villanova at Boston College||ESPN3|
|Noon||Elon at Georgia Tech||ESPN3|
|12:30 p.m.||Louisiana Tech at NC State||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|12:30 p.m.||Florida International at Maryland||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|3:30 p.m.||BYU at Virginia||ESPNU|
|4 p.m.||North Carolina Central at Duke||ESPN3|
|5:30 p.m.||Chick-fil-A Kickoff: Virginia Tech vs. No. 2 Alabama (from Atlanta) *||ESPN|
|8 p.m.||No. 7 Georgia at No. 12 Clemson *||ABC|
|Mon, Sep 2||8 p.m.||No. 14 Florida State at Pittsburgh *||ESPN|
|Fri, Sep 6||8 p.m.||Wake Forest at Boston College *||ESPN2|
|Sat, Sep 7||Noon||No. 11 Florida at Miami (Fla.)||ESPN|
|12:30 p.m.||Middle Tennessee at North Carolina||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|12:30 p.m.||South Carolina State at No. 12 Clemson||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|1:30 p.m.||Western Carolina at Virginia Tech||ESPN3|
|3:30 p.m.||No. 3 Oregon at Virginia||ABC & ESPN2|
|4 p.m.||Old Dominion at Maryland||ESPN3|
|6 p.m.||Richmond at NC State||ESPN3|
|Sat, Sep 14||12:30 p.m.||New Mexico at Pittsburgh||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|12:30 p.m.||Louisiana-Monroe at Wake Forest||ESPN3 ^ / ACC Network|
|3:30 p.m.||Nevada at No. 14 Florida State||ESPN or ESPN2|
|3:30 p.m.||Georgia Tech at Duke||ESPNU|
|4 p.m.||Wagner at Syracuse||ESPN3|
|Thu, Sep 19||7:30 p.m.||No. 12 Clemson at NC State *||ESPN|
|Thu, Sep 26||7:30 p.m.||Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech *||ESPN|
|Thu, Oct 17||TBD||Miami (Fla.) at North Carolina *||ESPN|
|Thu, Nov 14||7:30 p.m.||Georgia Tech at No. 12 Clemson *||ESPN|
|Fri, Nov 29||TBD||Miami (Fla.) at Pittsburgh *||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
|Sat, Dec 7||7:45 p.m. or 8 p.m.||Dr Pepper ACC Championship Game (from Charlotte)||ABC or ESPN|
* Previously announced
^ Subject to blackout in ACC markets