‘Dateline’ Hits Season Highs for a Wed telecast; NBC Number 1 for the Night in Total Viewers
via press note:
- At 8 p.m. ET, “Dateline NBC” (1.6/5 in 18-49, 7.1 million viewers overall) hit season highs for a Wednesday edition in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 (2.1 rating) and total viewers. In the time period, “Dateline” is #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 and 25-54 and #1 among those networks in total viewers.
- “Dateline” is up week to week by 14 percent in both 18-49 rating (1.6 vs. 1.4) and total viewers (7.091 million vs. 6.199 million). In 18-49, the Wednesday “Dateline” has grown week to week for the last two weeks in a row and in total viewers, “Dateline” has been up versus its prior Wednesday edition for the last four telecasts in a row.
- At 9 p.m. ET, “Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert” (1.9/6 in 18-49, 8.6 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 total-viewer result of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. “Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert” equaled NBC’s highest 18-49 rating in the time period since January 9 and generated the network’s top total-viewer result in the hour since November 7, 2012.
- “Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert,” which was organized and headlined by Blake Shelton, featured Usher, Darius Rucker, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts and Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic, as well as Grammy Award-winning artists Miranda Lambert, Reba and Vince Gill. The concert was televised live at 9 p.m. ET on NBC and was also scheduled to run on cable networks Style, G4, Bravo, E! and CMT on either a live or delayed basis.
- At 10 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of “Chicago Fire” averaged a 0.9/3 in adults 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers overall.
- NBC is #2 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 and #1 among those networks in total viewers.