|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.9/7||0.8/3||1.3/5||0.7/3||0.6/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||5.434||6.475||3.511||4.123||5.730||1.290|
FOX was the number one network in adults 18-49 while NBC was on top with total viewers.
On FOX, MasterChef earned a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating even with last week’s premiere.
On NBC,scored a Wednesday season high with a1.6 up 14 percent from last Wednesday’s 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. Healing in the Heartlands: Benefit Concert earned a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating, the network’s best time period performance since January 9.
On ABC, Family Tools scored a series low 1.0 down 17 percent from a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating for its most recent episode on May 15.(For the Rest of Your Life) earned a series low 1.3 down 38 percent from last week's 2.1 adults 18-49 rating. The premiere of The Lookout (formerly known as primetime ) garnered a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating up 10 percent from the premiere of last summer’s Final Witness on June 27, 2012.
On CBS, the premiere of The American Baking Competition earned a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating down 23 percent from a 1.3 for the premiere ofon Wednesday, May 30, 2012, ranking as CBS’s lowest rated Wednesday debut ever.
Overnight ratings for Wednesday, May 22, 2013:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (millions)|
|CBS||The American Baking Competition - Series Premiere||1.0/3||5.21|
|9:00||NBC||Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert||1.9/6||8.56|
|ABC||The Lookout - Series Premiere||1.1/3||4.07|
via press note:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The with Jay Leno," 2.2/6 with an encore telecast; CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.3/6 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.8/5 with an encore.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 Wednesday results were: “The with Jay Leno,” 0.7/3 with an encore; " ," 0.5/2 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/3 with an encore.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET Wednesday night, ABC's " " averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.2/4 in metered-market households with an encore) tied CBS's first-run "Late with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped "Late " (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2013 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.
Definitions: Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with agame, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.
For more information see Numbers 101.