via press release:
THE 40TH ANNUAL DAYTIME ENTERTAINMENT EMMY® AWARDS
LIVE ON HLN THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 16
WILL MAKE HISTORY WHEN EMMY WINNERS SIT DOWN FOR
LIVE ON-STAGE INTERVIEWS IMMEDIATELY AFTER ACCEPTING THEIR STATUES
Sam Champion, A.J. Hammer, Giada De Laurentiis, Sheryl Underwood and Julie Chen
Tapped To Interview the Big Winners of Seven Top Categories
NEW YORK, NY, June 13, 2013— HLN, the host network of the annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy® Awards show, now in its 40th year, presented live from The Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 16, 8-10 p.m., ET/PT, today announces it will become the greatest talk show ever when it changes up the format by adding LIVE on-stage interviews with the night’s biggest winners directly following their acceptance speeches for the first time in award show history. The following celebs have been tapped to interview the winners of seven top categories which include: Giada De Laurentiis (Outstanding Best Supporting Actor & Actress), Sheryl Underwood (Outstanding Lead Actor), Julie Chen, (Outstanding Lead Actress), Sam Champion (Outstanding Game Show Host & Outstanding Talk Show Host) and A.J. Hammer (Outstanding Culinary Host).
A.J. Hammer, host of HLN’s “Showbiz Tonight” (M-Th, 11 p.m.– midnight ET), has also been tapped to host this year’s LIVE red carpet special “Showbiz @ The Daytime Emmys” along with HLN’s Christi Paul where they will get one-on-one interviews at the “RedRed Carpet” with the evening’s biggest stars including Rachael Ray, Kathy Griffin, Peter Bergman, Heather Tom, Monty Hall, Sharon Osbourne, Julie Chen, Sheryl Underwood, Aisha Tyler, Sara Gilbert and daytime TV show newcomer Kris Jenner. Meade will host " with Robin Meade" live from the Beverly Hilton on Monday, June 17, and will be joined by A.J. for a Daytime Emmys wrap up, and "Weekend Express with Natasha Curry" will also originate from LA and provide a Daytime Emmys preview.
Previously it was announced HLN would return as the host network of the annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy® Awards show and Sam Champion of ABC’s “Good Morning America” (M-F, 7-9 a.m. ET) along with HLN’s own A.J. Hammer and Robin Meade would host this year’s landmark awards show. In addition, Corbin Bernsen and Jess Walton will introduce the “in memoriam” tribute while teen powerhouse, Italian Opera trio – IL Volo is confirmed to perform their hit song, "Mas Que Amor" during the tribute. Additionally announced, Wayne Brady to present Game Show Icon Monty Hall and Betty White to present Legendary Producer Bob Stewart with this year’s Lifetime Achievement Awards. Robin Meade, host of HLN’s “with Robin Meade” (M-F, 6-10 a.m. ET) and accomplished country artist will sing both best song nominees, “This Day” by Sheryl Crow for “Katie,” and “Good Afternoon” by Little Big Town for “Good Afternoon America.”
Full list of presenters and their corresponding categories follow below:
- Alex Trebek (Smithsonian)
- Bethenny Frankel (Outstanding Culinary Host & Culinary Program)
- Betty White (Lifetime Achievement to Bob Stewart)
- Bryton James (Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series)
- Chandler Massey (Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series).
- Corbin Bernsen (In Memoriam)
- Don Diamont (Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series)
- Pinsky (Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment)
- Erika Slezak (Outstanding Drama Series)
- Freddie Smith (Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series)
- Hunter King (Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series)
- IL Volo (Performance- In Memoriam)
- Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series)
- Jason Thompson (Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series)
- Jess Walton (In Memoriam)
- Kathy Griffin (Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team)
- Kris Jenner (Outstanding Talk Show Host)
- Kristen Alderson (Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series)
- Lindsay Hartley (Outstanding Young Actor In A Drama Series)
- Lindsey Morgan (Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series)
- Max Ehrich (Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series)
- Nancy Lee Grahn (Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series)
- Rachael Ray (Outstanding Achievement In Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video Control For A Drama Series)
- Robin Meade (Outstanding Original Song)
- SPECIAL GUEST-TBD (Outstanding Special Class Animated Program)
- Steve Harvey (Outstanding Morning Program)
- “ ” Cast-- Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert, Aisha Tyler & Sheryl Underwood (Outstanding Talk Show/Informative)
- Todd Newton (Outstanding Game Show & Game Show Host)
- Vincent Irizarry (Outstanding Young Actress In A Drama Series)
- Wayne Brady (Lifetime Achievement to Monty Hall)
2013 marks the landmark 40th anniversary of the Daytime Emmy® Awards, representing four decades of achievement within the Daytime. The theme of past, present and future will be a defining constant throughout this year’s monumental telecast honoring this special anniversary.
Viewer integration will be part of the presentation with featured segments on air and online at HLNtv.com. The 40th annual Daytime Emmy Awards is produced by LocoDistro; Gabriel Gornell is founder and the show’s executive producer; David Michaels is co-executive producer of the show and senior executive director, The Daytime Emmy® Awards; Dave Levine is co-executive producer of the show and executive producer of HLN's "Showbiz Tonight."
HLN is the national television network that focuses on the “must-see, must-share” stories of the day. Drawing upon the network’s deep bench of talent, HLN dissects and demystifies the news stories and newsmakers people are talking about.
HLNtv.com, the network’s digital platform, is the online destination for users to go deeper into the top stories driving the conversation and generating the national buzz.
HLN is a CNN Worldwide network reaching more than 100 million households in the U.S. CNN Worldwide, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is themost trusted source for news and information.
About The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a professional service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and thepromotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy® Award for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime Entertainment, Daytime Creative Arts & Entertainment, Public & www.emmyonline.tvService, and Technology & Engineering. NATAS membership consists of broadcast and media professionals represented in 19 regional chapters across the country. Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs including Regional StudentTelevision and its Student Award for Excellence for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications, and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public. For moreinformation, please visit the website at
LocoDistro is an entertainment company for film, television and new media offering production, distribution, and consulting services. For production partners we offer award-winning services in all areas of live-action, animation and event-based entertainment production. For distribution & acquisitions partners we offer a full slate of noteworthy feature films, as well as scripted and unscripted TV programming. Based in New York City, the LocoDistro team represents a blend of creative power, audience insight and financial discipline. Team members areexperts in what audiences respond to, and experts in how to reach these audiences most effectively. www.LocoDistro.com