Stanley Cup Finals Game 1 Delivers Best Overnight Household Rating Since 1997
via press release:
GAME 1 – STANLEY CUP FINAL OVERNIGHT & LOCAL RATINGS
Following are overnight and local ratings for last night’s Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, won 4-3 by the Chicago Blackhawks vs. the Boston Bruins in triple overtime. Final viewership figures should be available later today.
- Last night’s Boston/Chicago triple OT game received a 4.8 HH rating which is the best overnight rating for an NHL Stanley Cup Final Game 1 since 1997 (Detroit/Philadelphia on FOX: 5.2).
- The game was +100% from Game 1 of last year’s Stanley Cup Final (Los Angeles/New Jersey; 2.4).
- Boston received a 28.1 HH rating, +10% from the Bruins’ Game 1 average in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final on NBC in the market (25.5).
- NBC was the #1 rated network overall in Boston during the 8P-1A time period.
- Chicago received a 25.1 HH rating, +49% from the Blackhawks’ Game 1 average in the 2010 Stanley Cup Final on NBC in the market (16.9).
- NBC was the #1 rated network overall in Chicago during the 8P-1A time period.
- Top 5 Markets:
- Boston (28.1)
- Chicago (25.1)
- Providence (18.5)
- Buffalo (8.5)
- Milwaukee (6.1)