‘MTV Geekend’ at Comic-Con to Include Return of ‘Teen Wolf’ & First Ever ‘MTV 2 Party in the Park’
via press release:
“TEEN WOLF” RETURNS TO COMIC-CON FOR THE FOURTH YEAR AS PART OF “MTV GEEKEND”
“MTV Geekend” Also Includes First-Ever “MTV2 Party in the Park” in San Diego on Thursday, July 18 and One-Hour “Guy Code Honors” Special Airing
on MTV and MTV2 Sunday, July 21
MTV News’ Josh Horowitz and MTV Geek’s Steven Smith to Live Stream Exclusive News and Interviews with Fan Favorite Celebrities All Weekend
New York, NY (June 24, 2013) – MTV will be geeking out from Comic-Con International in San Diego all weekend long, beginning on Thursday, July 18 with the highly-anticipated return of a “Teen Wolf” panel featuring all five series regulars and new cast members who play the twin Alpha werewolves, Max and Charlie Carver. Additionally, the network, along with MTV2, MTV News and MTV Geek will be on the ground at Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, for the first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park.” Open to all Comic-Con badge holders, the July 18 event celebrating the die-hard fans in attendance at Comic-Con will feature live music performances, free food and drinks and the taping of “Guy Code Honors,” a one-hour special starring the casts of “Teen Wolf” and MTV2’s “Guy Code” that premieres Sunday, July 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV and MTV2.
The complete schedule for “MTV Geekend” on-air programming will include the following:
- “Guy Code Honors” (Airs Sunday, July 21, 8:00 p.m. ET/PT): The cast of MTV2’s hit show “Guy Code” geeks out for one special night, saluting the best movies and TV shows that wowed the inner sci-fi, thriller and fantasy fans in all of us this past year, while looking ahead to the titles destined for greatness in the year to come. Filmed from San Diego during the MTV2 “Party in the Park,” the hour-long special will feature performances, celebrity appearances and advance looks at major upcoming films, all while “Guy Code” cast favorites Jon Gabrus, Jordan Carlos, Damien Lemon and Chris Distafano break down which movies, shows, actors, heroes and heroines rocked the hardest.
- “MTV’s Comic-Con Live!” (Thursday July 18 through Sunday, July 21): MTV News’ Josh and MTV Geek’s Steven will anchor MTV’s live streaming coverage of Comic-Con all weekend long, delivering hourly exclusive reveals of fans’ favorite shows and most-anticipated movies. “MTV’s Comic-Con Live” will feature interviews with the biggest names in movies, TV, comics and video games, while including comprehensive reports from the panels, the floor, the press rooms and the streets. The coverage starts on Thursday July 18 and leads into “Guy Code Honors” on Sunday night. Be sure to keep it locked to Comic-Con.MTV.com for the schedule and updates.
The complete schedule for on-the-ground events during “MTV Geekend” at Comic-Con will include the following:
- “Teen Wolf” Comic-Con Panel (Thursday, July 18): “Teen Wolf” cast members Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed, Holland Roden, Daniel Sharman, Max Carver, Charlie Carver and Executive Producer Jeff Davis are taking Comic-Con by storm again, and giving fans an exclusive first-look at an all-new trailer, along with the latest scoop from season three during the Q&A session. Jarett Wieselman, Editorial Director of ET Online, will moderate the panel. The panel location and exact time will be announced at a later date. “Teen Wolf” airs Monday nights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
- “MTV2 Party in the Park” (Thursday, July 18, 7:00 p.m. PT): The first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park” will celebrate the fans at Comic-Con, paying tribute to them and honoring them with access to the hottest live musical performances, along with free food and drinks. It all takes place Thursday, July 18 at Petco Park from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PT. Performers will be announced at a later date. To request press passes to the “MTV2 Party in the Park,” please e-mail email@example.com.
- “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!” (Friday, July 19): Join MTV Comics Executive Editor Tom Akel for the 2nd annual “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!,” a live pitch competition between three of the top creators in the business. Last year’s winner David Petersen (Mouse Guard) will be back to defend his crown against two new challengers. Creators are presented with a topic just a few weeks out from the convention and then develop original pitches that the fans vote on to determine the winner!
- MTV Comics Premieres Graphic Novel “The Gloom”: The first graphic novel from MTV Comics premieres at Comic-Con! From acclaimed writer Tony Lee (Doctor Who, Starship Troopers), and artist Dan Boultwood via Arcana Studios, comes the adventures of “The Gloom!” In 1940s Manhattan the vigilante The Gloom is America’s last line of defense against the Nazis, classic pulp heroism, and common sense! Tony Lee will be signing copies of “The Gloom” at Arcana’s booth #2415.
MTV will host a “Teen Wolf” press room at Comic-Con on Friday, July 19. For inclusion consideration, please contact Rayna Schwartz, Katie Magnotta and Lameka Lucas; contact details are below and exact details will be announced shortly. For more information, visit MTVPress.com.
“Teen Wolf” was developed by Jeff Davis (creator, “Criminal Minds”) who also serves as executive producer. Additional executive producers include Russell Mulcahy (“Highlander,” “Resident Evil: Extinction”), Marty Adelstein (“Prison Break”), René Echevarria (“Medium,” “Castle”), Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley. The pilot was written by Jeff Davis and Jeph Loeb & Matthew Weisman and directed by Russell Mulcahy. The “Teen Wolf” series is based on a Screenplay by Jeph Loeb & Matthew Weisman. Justin Levy is the MTV executives in charge of production. The series is a co-production with, and distributed by, MGM, in association with Lost Marbles Productions, Inc., First Cause, Inc. and DiGa.
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy®, Grammy® and Peabody® award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV’s sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to http://www.mtvpress.com.
Available in approximately 80 million homes MTV2 is man’s best friend. Since its launch in 1996, the network has reflected the subversive interests and behaviors of young men with a compelling and diverse programming line-up inspired by ordinary guys who do extraordinary things. MTV2 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to www.mtvpress.com or follow us on Twitter @MTVPress.