via press note:
During the week of June 17, 2013, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew over the previous week among Adults 18-49 (+2%) for the 3rd straight week to deliver its best performance yet again in its new 11:35pm time slot. JKL scored its two best performances in its new time period with young adults during each of the last two weeks, marking the show’s strongest two weeks in nearly 10 years – since w/o 11/24/03. In addition, this week ranked among JKL’s top 5 best performances ever with Adults 18-49.
JKL grew over the year-ago week by 40% among Adults 18-49, marking its 24th straight week of year-over-year growth.
- ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live was the #1 talk show in late-night among Adults 18-49, beating NBC’s The with Jay Leno (+1%) and CBS’ The with David Letterman (+66%).
- For the second week in a row, JKL posted a series high for a regular telecast during the week, as Tuesday’s broadcast (on 6/18/13), which featured guests Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dean Norris and Empire of the Sun, was the show’s best ever among Adults 18-49. In addition, Tuesday’s telecast was JKL’s 2nd-most-watched ever for a regular telecast, behind only Matt Damon’s takeover episode in January (1/24/03).
- ABC’s JKL claimed the week’s top 2 telecasts in late-night in Adults 18-49 with its Tuesday and Thursday broadcasts.
With just one week left to go in the 2nd Quarter of 2013, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live is on track to deliver its 2nd-largest-ever audience for any quarter, behind only 1Q13. In fact, JKL will have attracted its three biggest audiences ever back to back to back with 2Q13, 1Q13 and 4Q12. Nearly matching its big 1Q13 performance among Adults 18-49, JKL is turning in its 2nd-best number for any quarter in nearly 9 years – since 4Q04.
Building over the year-ago 2nd quarter for the 4th year in a row in Total Viewers (+34%), JKL will post its most-watched 2Q ever. In fact, JKL is growing its overall audience year over year for the 13th consecutive quarter. JKL is also up over 2Q12 by 26% in Adults 18-49 to post its strongest 2Q in 10 years – since 2Q03.
- ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live is poised to finish as the quarter’s #2 broadcast talk show in late-night in Adults 18-49.
- ABC’s JKL currently leads CBS’ The increasing its advantage over the CBS program to 15% (versus +7% during 1Q13). with David Letterman in Adults 18-49 for the second quarter in a row,