via press release:
“LET’S MAKE A DEAL” AND “THE PRICE IS RIGHT” CELEBRATE
SUMMER FAMILY WEEK JULY 1-5
“Let’s Make a Deal” To Give Away Prizes Geared Toward
The Entire Family on Monday, July 1
“The Price is Right” Gets Patriotic on Thursday, July 4 With an Audience Filled With Servicemen and Women and Their Families
CBS Daytime celebrates “Summer Family Week” Monday, July 1 – Friday, July 5, with original themed episodes of LET’S MAKE A DEAL and THE PRICE IS RIGHT airing on Monday, July 1 and Thursday, July 4, respectively, on the CBS Television Network.
On Monday, July 1 (check local listings), LET’S MAKE A DEAL hosts an audience filled with families. Throughout the episode, host Wayne Brady will challenge relatives to make quick decisions for a chance to win cars, cash and prizes. One lucky group will have the opportunity to play for “The Big Deal of the Day,” valued at more than $28,000.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT, daytime television’s most-watched show, which recently won its sixth Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show, salutes the men and women of the armed forces and military families with a special Fourth of July episode, Thursday, July 4 (11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET; 10:00-11:00 AM, PT). Host Drew Carey will be joined onstage by members of the military, each accompanied by a family member, who have a chance to win prizes such as a trip to Washington, D.C. and a new car. Special Showcases include a new grill, a trip to Hawaii and a new sailboat.
The full “Summer Family Week” schedule is as follows:
Monday, July 1
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL plays host to an audience filled with families.
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT invites children to “Come on Down” for the first time ever, as the kids play alongside their parents. (OAD 5/2/13.)
Tuesday, July 2
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL offers prizes guaranteed to cool down the entire family down during the Summer. One family plays “Race to the Finish” with a new car up for grabs. (OAD 11/20/12.)
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT enjoys a little sibling rivalry as brothers and sisters play alongside each other for fabulous prizes. (OAD 3/20/13.)
Wednesday, July 3
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL brings back the popular game “Smash for Cash,” and the “Big Deal of the Day,” is valued at $24,580. (OAD 2/4/13.)
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT celebrates all that moms do for us with a special Mother’s Day episode, welcoming moms to “Come on Down” and play alongside their children. (OAD 5/10/13.)
Thursday, July 4
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL continues with a family-themed episode with top prizes and cash for lucky relatives. (OAD 3/ 4/13.)
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT salutes the men and women of the armed forces and military families with a special Fourth of July episode.
Friday, July 5
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL ends the week with another family-themed episode with one set of relatives playing “Go for a Spin,” with a top prize at stake if they win. (OAD 5/20/13.)
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT welcomes grandparents to play alongside their grandchildren in a special episode. (OAD 12/5/12.)
LET’S MAKE A DEAL is produced by FremantleMedia North America. Mike Richards (“The Price is Right”) and Dan Funk serve as executive producers. The one-hour show is broadcast weekdays (check local listings) on the CBS Television Network.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT, the longest-running game show in television history, is produced by FremantleMedia North America, THE PRICE IS RIGHT is broadcast weekdays (11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET; 10:00-11:00 AM, PT) on the CBS Television Network. Mike Richards and Jennifer Mullin are executive producers.
Recently, CBS led all networks with a combined 21 wins at “The 40th Annual Daytime Emmy® Awards.” THE PRICE IS RIGHT won its sixth Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Game Show. Other top wins included Outstanding Lead Actor Doug Davidson of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS (his first win in his 35-year career on the show) and an Outstanding Lead Actress win for THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL’s Heather Tom, her fifth overall.
CBS Daytime has been #1 in the daypart for 27 consecutive years, featuring a lineup that is a balance of dramas, game shows and talk. The Network’s daytime lineup includes television’s #1 daytime program and longest-running game show THE PRICE IS RIGHT, the #1 daytime drama THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, as well as THE TALK, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL and LET’S MAKE A DEAL.