via press release:
TELEMUNDO’S KTMD-TV DELIVERS RECORD-BREAKING PRIMETIME AUDIENCES IN JUNE AND IS THE FASTEST GROWING TV STATION IN HOUSTON FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2013, REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE
The Station Delivered its Best June Sweeps Ever Across Key Demos
HOUSTON — July 8, 2013 — Over the first six months of 2013, Telemundo's KTMD TV has been Houston’s fastest growing television station among adults 25-54 in primetime, regardless of language, according to Nielsen. The station’s primetime programming also registered its best June book in LPM history across key demos. In addition, Telemundo Houston’s upgraded news programs have quickly become the fastest growing local newscasts at both 5pm and 10pm among the adult 18-49 and adult 25-54 key demos, regardless of language. Furthermore, Telemundo Houston grew its sign-on to sign-off adult 18-49 audience at least seven times more than any other local Spanish-language station in June.
Highlights of Telemundo Houston's Nielsen TV audience deliveries for June 2013:
- Over the first six months of 2013, Telemundo KTMD-TV was the only station in Houston, regardless of language, to experience growth among adults 25-54 in primetime (+50%).
- Telemundo Houston's weekday primetime is the fastest growing primetime programming in the market, regardless of language, among adults 18-49 (+54%) and adults 25-54 (+58%) vs. June 2012.
- “La Patrona” (The Boss, Monday-Friday 8pm) experienced double digit year-over-year growth among the adult 18-49 (+47%) and adult 25-54 (+59%) demos in its time period, to deliver the station’s best June performance since converging to Local People Meter measurement in October 2008.
- “El Señor de los Cielos” (The Lord of the Skies, Monday-Friday 9pm) garnered triple digit year-over-year growth in the adult 18-49 (+146%) and adult 25-54 (+152%) demos, delivering the station’s best June book in LPM history.
- Spanish-language TV programming delivered 50% of Houston’s weekday primetime viewing in June.
- “La Patrona” on KTMD-TV delivered impressive ratings among adults 18-49 (1.5) and adults 25-54 (1.8) outperforming CBS, FOX, CW, MY20 and UMA.
- “El Señor de los Cielos” on KTMD-TV registered extraordinary ratings among adults 18-49 (2.4) and adults 25-54 (2.6) outperforming CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, MY20 and UMA.
- Telemundo Houston's weekday newscasts are the fastest growing local newscasts, regardless of language, and offers live news coverage twice per day, seven days a week.
- KTMD’s “Noticiero Telemundo Houston” at 5pm is the fastest growing local newscast in Houston, regardless of language, in its time period, delivering triple digit gains among adults 18-49 (+117%) and adults 25-54 (+100%) vs. June 2012.
- KTMD’s “Noticiero Telemundo Houston” at 10pm is the fastest growing local newscast in the market, regardless of language, in its time period. KTMD was the only local Spanish-language newscast to report year-over-year growth among adults 18-49 (+63%) and 25-54 (+63%) vs. June 2012.
- When compared to June 2012, KTMD’s sign-on to sign-off audience is the fastest growing in Houston, regardless of language, in adults 18-49 (+27%) and adults 25-54 (+50%), gaining audience share over all local television stations.
SOURCE: The Nielsen Company, Jan-June 2013 AVG; Prime M-F 6p-10p; NSI June LPM available data 09-13; M-F News TP 5p-530p & 10p-1030p; % of Change June13/June12; TP AQH Impressions; % of Prime Viewing (M-F 6p-10p) for local stations: Spanish-Language Stations defined as KTMD, KXLN, KFTH, KZJL, KYAZ, KTBU, KHLM; English-Language Stations defined as KTRK, KHOU, KPRC, KRIV, KTXH, KIAH, KUBE; NSI Ratings June13 Prelim Live+7 (5/30-6/19) Live+SD (6/20-6/26)
Telemundo Station Group, part of Telemundo Media, owns 16 television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 5,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs and entertainment programs, Telemundo Station Group serves Hispanic viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Chicago, Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group offers support to 51 affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, and a digital out-of-home operation that reaches consumers in 17 Hispanic markets. Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal, is a world-class media company, leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world.