via press release:
Lifetime®’s Project Runway TO REVEAL BIGGEST
SECOND-SCREEN INTERACTIVITY IN ITS HISTORY
FOR LAUNCH OF SEASON 12
new season PREMIERes THURSDAY, JULY 18, 9PM ET/PT
New York; July 17, 2013— Lifetime® announced the biggest second screen engagement for fans of Project Runway as they head into the new season this Thursday, July 18, 9pm ET/PT. New experiences for viewers will be layered into the series throughout each segment of every episode for the duration of the season, adding multi-dimensions to the popular and critically acclaimed series.
For the first time, fashion fans can voice their own opinions and predictions at www.playrunway.com while watching their favorite fashion designers battle it out on television, then see their responses displayed instantly on their television screens during live broadcasts of Project Runway throughout the duration of the season. The second screen experience including, mobile, tablet and desktop, is sponsored by L’Oréal® Paris.
Elements will include real-time voting and polling segments during the premieres, powered by iPowow, a leader in participation TV. During the live TV events, viewer votes and opinions will be tallied using interactive voting technology made available to viewers on any Web-connected platform – including iPhones, iPads, Android devices and laptops - that shows voter results on-screen, as the events are actually happening.
Adrenaline-filled challenges on Project Runway also provide hot-topic debates that are perfect for live on-screen fan voting. As the designers battle it out, the on-screen voting app allows fans to voice their opinion immediately, and then change their vote in real time during the story. This enables fashion fans to “participate” within the thrills and spills of the Project Runway action.
In addition to the interactive voting experience, the Project Runway experience will also include:
- Short form video – including highlights from the episode; winner interviews and exit interviews; as well as designers vlogs;
- Rate the Runway – Photos of the runway; including front, back and side views where viewers can rate each on a Five Star scale;
- Designer Portfolios – The portfolios will feature designer sketches from the show and their final design from the runway;
- Designer photo galleries – follows each designer’s personal journeys during the episode;
- Blogs including a weekly rundown on the official Lifetime Project Runway blog as well as from other past designers.
- Weekly scorecard – weekly snapshot of Who Is In; Who is Out; Top Three; and Bottom Three
- Weekly episodic content – THE place where Superfans can dive deeper into every episode!
Lifetime previously announced additional new fan integration elements including:
- Runway Redemption (#RunwayRedemption) – a mystery contestant from a past season, chosen by fans on mylifetime.com and Twitter, will be unveiled as the 16th designer for season 12.
- Project Runway Superfan Contest – via video submissions, seven super fans will be chosen to be featured in an upcoming episode this season for a fashion makeover.
- More Tim Gunn – fans have asked and Project Runway has delivered. This season, Gunn will join Klum and the judges to watch the runway show, answer questions the judges have about what transpired in the workroom and give them an opportunity to physically examine the workmanship of each design. Also, for the first time in Project Runway history, Gunn will be able to “rescue” one designer during course of the season he feels deserves a second chance.