via press release:
CNN's "ANTHONY BOURDAIN PARTS UNKNOWN" HONORED WITH FOUR PRIMETIME EMMY AWARD NOMINATIONS
New CNN Original Series Nominations Include Outstanding Informational Series or Special & Outstanding Writing for Nonfiction Programming
CNN's highly-rated new original series, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown garners four Primetime Emmy Award nominations in it's inaugural season, and marks the first time CNN has been honored with a Primetime Emmy nod. The one-hour weekend lifestyle series follows host Anthony Bourdain—world-renowned chef, bestselling author and Emmy winning television personality—as he travels across the globe to uncover little-known areas of the world and celebrate diverse cultures by exploring food and dining rituals.
- Outstanding Informational Series or Special: "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown"
- Outstanding Writing For Nonfiction Programming: "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown" Libya.
- Episode featured Bourdain's look at Libya through personal stories, food and the music of anti-Qaddafi expats who returned to fight.
- Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming: "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown"Myanmar.
- Series premiere offered an inside look at Myanmar, the country formerly known as Burma, discovering the fabled beauty and local cuisines of a country that had been, up until recently, off-limits to outsiders.
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For Nonfiction Programming: "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown" Myanmar.
"These nominations are a true reflection of the hard work done by Tony and his team, and their enthusiasm for parts unknown worldwide has been recognized by viewers and the industry," said Jeff Zucker, President, CNN Worldwide. "In addition, this is the first time in our history that CNN has been honored with Primetime Emmy nominations, validating our commitment to expanding the definition of news for our audiences."
"In less than a year I became part of the CNN family, traveled to locations I never thought possible and 'Parts Unknown' has now been honored with four Primetime Emmy nominations," said Bourdain. "I am honored and humbled and ready to do it all over again in season two."
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown debuted on Sun, April 14, and dominated the 9 p.m. ET time period, registering impressive growth. During the first season, the program was #1 in its time period across all cable news networks among the key P25-54 demo (405k) and increased +153% in the demo versus the four weeks prior to launch.
The CNN Original Series Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, will begin its second season of eight episodes on Sunday, Sep 15, and will explore the food, culture and history of parts unknown within Spain, New Mexico, Israel, Copenhagen, Sicily, Detroit, Tokyo and India.
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown is produced by Zero Point Zero Production with Executive Producers and Founders Chris Collins and Lydia Tenaglia, along with Executive Producer Sandra Zweig. The Emmy award winning Zero Point Zero Production has produced programs with Anthony Bourdain for more than a decade, including Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, The Layover, A Cooks Tour, and Decoding Ferran Adria.