via press release:
Wall-to-Wall College Football on ESPN in August
All-Access at Penn State and 10-Stop Campus Bus Tour Highlight Offerings
Following the conclusion of ESPN’s “Car Wash” of more than 50 college football coaches visiting ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., headquarters, the season will kick into high gear across ESPN platforms in August. ESPN’s comprehensive college football coverage gets an early start with a national DIRECTV Mobile Studio Tour. The tour coincides with the start of preseason camp on college campuses and culminates with several preview shows, including ESPN All-Access: Penn State Training Days. ESPN’s 2013 game schedule begins with 10 games across ESPN, ESPNU and ESPN3 on Thursday, Aug. 29. Highlights below:
DIRECTV Mobile Studio Tour
ESPN DIRECTV Mobile Studio will embark on a two-week tour starting Monday, Aug. 5, and travel across the country to some of the nation’s top programs. College Football Live, 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2 or ESPNU (reair at 5:30 p.m. on ESPNU), will have a studio crew onsite, along with coach and player interviews from each stop. Continuous coverage will also be provided on SportsCenter and across ESPNU programs.
DIRECTV Mobile Studio Tour (schedule subject to change)
|Mon, Aug 5||GeorgiaChris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit & David Pollack||ESPN2|
|Tue, Aug 6||ClemsonChris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit & David Pollack||ESPNU|
|Wed, Aug 7||South CarolinaTom Rinaldi & Todd McShay||ESPNU|
|Thu, Aug 8||AlabamaTom Rinaldi & Todd McShay||ESPNU|
|Fri, Aug 9||OregonSamantha Ponder & Brock Huard||ESPNU|
|Mon, Aug 12||LouisvilleJoe Tessitore & Brian Griese||ESPN2|
|Tue, Aug 13||Ohio StateJoe Tessitore, Brian Griese & Joey Galloway||ESPN2|
|Wed, Aug 14||Notre DameJoe Tessitore & Brian Griese||ESPN2|
|Thu, Aug 15||StanfordSamantha Ponder & Rod Gilmore||ESPNU|
|Fri, Aug 16||OklahomaChris Cotter & Robert Smith||ESPNU|
ESPN All-Access: Penn State Training Days
Fans will get an inside track on the 2013 Penn State football season with second-year head coach Bill O’Brien through a series of All-Access specials across ESPN platforms beginning Friday, Aug. 16. ESPN All-Access: Penn State Training Days will showcase behind-the-scenes access to on- and off-field play, team meetings and campus facilities. The segments will introduce players and coaches as they complete grueling pre-season training.
The filming will conclude with a one-hour ESPN or ESPN2 special Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 7 p.m. In addition, vignettes will be shown during College Football Live, SportsCenter and multiple ESPNU shows beginning Friday, Aug. 16. A five-part series consisting of 30-minute specials on ESPNU will begin Wednesday, Aug. 21, at 6 p.m.
The Herbie Awards: 2013 College Football Preview
Kirk Herbstreit, along with host Rece Davis, will pick his best-of-the-best – the elite players and coaches of college football – as they are celebrated with the annual preseason awards show Wednesday, Aug. 21, at 10 p.m. on ESPN2. The 13th edition of the awards includes preseason player of the year, ultimate “Herbie” award, most electrifying player and the all-uniform team.
College GameDay Season Preview Special Built by The Home Depot
Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard will start the season with a one-hour College GameDay Season Preview Special Built by The Home Depot on Saturday, Aug. 24, at 11 a.m. on ESPN. The GameDay crew will preview the upcoming season and give their conference champion, Heisman Trophy and BCS predictions.
SportsCenter will offer a 10-part series of discussion and debate on the 10 hottest topics in college football with Kirk Herbstreit, David Pollack and Scott Van Pelt debuting on Sunday, Aug. 18 through Tuesday, Aug. 27. The segments will also be shown on College Football Live, several ESPNU shows and ESPN.com.
ESPN will celebrate the start of the college football season with several specials. Highlights:
- ESPNU Film Room: Heisman Preview – the show will break down the top Heisman contenders on film (Wednesday, Aug. 21, at 10 p.m. on ESPNU)
- Heisman Trophy Preview Show Presented by Nissan – Expert analysts examine the lead Heisman Trophy contenders for the upcoming season (Sunday, Aug. 25, at 1:30 p.m. on ESPN)
- 2013 Nissan Heisman House Special – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the Heisman House commercials (Tuesday, Aug. 13, at 6:30 p.m. on ESPNU)
- ESPN The Magazine: College Football Preview Show – ESPN The Magazine will discuss the upcoming season storylines with a host of writers from around the country (Tuesday, Aug. 6, at 9 p.m. on ESPNU)
- College Football National Preview Show (Wednesday, August 21, at 8 p.m. on ESPNU)
- ESPNU College Football Kickoff Special (Thursday, August 29, at 6 p.m.)
- ESPNU College Football Conference Preview Shows – Big 12 (Monday, August 19, at 7 p.m.); SEC (Monday, August 19, at 8 p.m.); Big Ten (Tuesday, August 20, at 7 p.m.); ACC (Tuesday, August 20, at 8 p.m.) & Pac-12 (Tuesday, August 20, at 9 p.m.)