via press release:
THE HUB NETWORK’S PUP-ULAR “DOG DAYS OF SUMMER”
PROGRAMMING EVENT RETURNS AUGUST 12
Paw-Dropping Week Features Canine-Themed Movies;
A “Pound Puppies” Marathon with Two All-New Episodes;
A “Pound Puppies Puppy Care Academy” Interactive Game on Hubworld.com
LOS ANGELES – The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, celebrates “man’s best friend” with its annual “Dog Days of Summer” programming event, August 12–17, featuring a week of canine-themed movies and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series “Pound Puppies” (Saturday, August 17, 6 a.m.–noon ET), produced by Hasbro Studios.
To kick off the tail-wagging celebration, the Hub Network will present a week of family-favorite, dog-themed prime-time movies, including:
- Monday, August 12, 8 p.m. ET: “Scooby-Doo” The live-action adaptation of the beloved animated series catches up with Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang as they meddle their way into a mystery that leads them into murky and waters. Stars Freddie Prinze, Jr. (“She’s All That”) and Sarah Michelle Gellar (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
- Tuesday, August 13, 8 p.m. ET: “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” – The lovable, easily frightened Scooby-Doo returns to the big-screen when Scooby and the Mystery Inc. sleuths confront an anonymous masked villain plotting to take over Coolsville. Stars Freddie Prinze, Jr. (“She’s All That”) and Sarah Michelle Gellar (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
- Wednesday, August 14, 8 p.m. ET: “Air Buddies” – Air Bud becomes the proud father of five adorable puppies with an unbelievable secret; they can talk. The talking, ball-playing pups embark on a daring rescue mission to save their parents from dognappers.
- Thursday, August 15, 8 p.m. ET: “Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco” – When Chance, Shadow and Sassy accidentally get separated from their vacationing owners, the pets navigate the streets of San Francisco, trying to find their home across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Friday, August 16, 8 p.m. ET: “Air Bud 2: Golden Retriever” – In the adventurous sequel to “Air Bud,” Buddy, the hoop-shooting, hotshot canine tackles a new sport, football. Hopes for victory are sidelined when two sinister circus owners dognap Buddy for their star attraction.
The “Pound Puppies” marathon (Saturday, August 17, 6 a.m.–noon ET) will feature episodes of the pup-ular animated series and conclude with two all-new episodes, “The Watchdogs” and “Hail to the Chief.” In “The Watchdogs,” Strudel (Alanna Ubach) begins an exciting double life as Electronoggin, a nocturnal protector of helpless dogs, but her new night job threatens her crucial position on the Pound Puppies team. In “Hail to the Chief,” persnickety Agent Ping (Lauren Tom, “ ”) challenges Strudel to find the perfect home for rambunctious pup Chief (Justin Shenkarow, “Hey Arnold!”). Strudel eagerly accepts until she finds out that Chief’s perfect home is with the President’s daughters.
Viewers also have an opportunity to extend their engagement with “Pound Puppies” by playing the all-new “Pound Puppies: Puppy Care Academy” game at Hubworld.com/dogdays. In the interactive game, fans take care of the pups from the series by feeding, grooming and playing with them. By completing these activities, they earn coins to purchase accessories such as collars and tags for their pups. When they complete activities for all the pups, including three pets they can unlock, they will receive a certificate of awesomeness.
Additionally, starting Monday, August 12, the Hub Network will present “The Hub’s Profiles in Puppitude,” a series of video shorts that will highlight each of the pups on the Pound Puppies team and their corresponding breeds. The shorts will air on the network and online at Hubworld.com/dogdays.
Currently in its third season, “Pound Puppies,” follows a rag-tag team of shelter dogs dedicated to finding loving homes for lonely puppies. The series features the vocal talents of Eric McCormack (“Will & Grace”), Yvette Nicole Brown (“”), John DiMaggio (“ ”), Michael Rapaport (“Prison Break”) and Alanna Ubach (“Legally Blonde”). Betty White (“ ”) also stars in the recurring role of the indomitable Agatha McLeish.
About the Hub Network
The Hub Network is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub Network’s lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub Network rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in over 72 million U.S. households. The Hub Network logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
To find the channel in your area, please visit http://www.hubworld.com and check the channel locator at the top of the page.
About Hasbro Studios
Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based entertainment division of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). The studio is responsible for entertainment brand-driven storytelling for the company across television, film, commercial productions and short-form. It develops, produces and distributes TV shows based on Hasbro's world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and FAMILY GAME NIGHT. Many of these shows air on Hub Network, a U.S. television network for kids and their families, that is a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Hasbro Studios shows can also be seen on networks in more than 170 countries globally. Since its formation in 2009, the studio has received seven Daytime Emmy wins and 16 nominations. On the film side, the studio is developing and producing a number of features based on Hasbro's brands, including TRANSFORMERS 4 (Paramount), STRETCH ARMSTRONG (Relativity Media) and CANDY LAND (Sony). The studio team also oversees the production of commercials that feature Hasbro's brands as well production of short-form content that can be seen on all of the major digital and social media platforms globally.