via press note:
The 2nd annual “Premios Tu Mundo” which aired last night (8pmET/7pm CT) on Telemundo Thursday, August 15 delivered double-digit growth over prior year:
- Averaged 1,151,000 A18-49, +26% vs. last year (912K)
- 2 million P2+ (1,993,000), +19% vs. last year (1,677,000)
- Ranks as #2 primetime entertainment special on Telemundo this season in A18-49 & P2+ (rank excludes Sports)
- A18-49 delivery increased +12% in the 2nd hour: 1,092,000 from 9-10pm / 1,221,000 from 10-11pm
- Increased the Thu 9-11pm time period by +10% in both A18-49 and P2+ compared to the prior 4-wk avg
- Reached 3.76 million total viewers, including 2.1 million A18-49
Results for arrivals pre-show “La Alfrombra de Premios Tu Mundo”
- Averaged 706K A18-49
- 1.3 million P2+ (1,324,000)
- A18-49 delivery increased +19% in the last half-hour: 644,000 from 8-8:30pm / 768,000 from 8:30-9pm
- Increased the Thu 8-9pm time period by +27% in A18-49 and +17% in P2+ compared to the prior 4-wk avg
A true celebration of U.S. Latino pop culture, “Premios Tu Mundo” (“Your World Awards”) is an annual celebration of the best in novelas, music, fashion, movies and sports. This year’s live event from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida brought audiences to their feet with performances by Daddy Yankee, Natalia Jimenez, Victor Manuelle, Christian Castro, Voz De Mando, and Elvis Crespo. The awards show was preceded by the star-studded blue carpet pre-show “La Alfombra de Premios Tu Mundo.”
From the date of the launch of www.premiostumundo.com through last night’s broadcast of the awards show, the Premios Tu Mundo website received over 4 million page views and over 700K unique visitors online. On mobile Premios Tu Mundo attracted over 80,000 users and generated over 800K page views.
Based on Trendrr, Premios Tu Mundo was the #1 property across all Broadcast shows with over 400K (406,374) posts for the night. It had over 70K unique users, 256K+ posts of on-air activity (comments posted during the actual run of the show) with top hash tags including #premiostumundo (260,153 posts), #roycenaticas (6,856 posts) and #kimberlydosramos (5,674 posts). Prince Royce was one of the hottest topics of the night. Its Facebook page generated approximately 300 comments per post.