Discovery en Español’s Second Part of ‘Sirenas’ Positions the Network as #1 in Hispanic Pay TV
via press release:
DISCOVERY EN ESPAÑOL’S SECOND PART OF SIRENAS
POSITIONS THE NETWORK AS # 1
Rating Highlight: Discovery en Español’s premiere of Sirena: Nuevas Evidencias (Mermaids: The New Evidence) positioned the channel as the leading Hispanic Pay TV network on Sunday, August 25, at 10pm among P18-49, with a total of 230,000 viewers.
Social Media Outreach: Sirena: Nuevas Evidencias post at Facebook was seen by 32,704 people and got 1740 Likes.
About the Show: The show Sirenas (Mermaids )which aired last year blends real-life events and phenomena with the story of scientists who testify they found the remains of a never-before-identified sea creature. The special suggests these beings may in fact exist. The program focuses on two scientists who spent years investigating the whales’ mysterious deaths and made an astonishing discovery: the remains of a mermaid. In its second part, Sirena: Nuevas Evidencias (Mermaids: The New Evidence) journalist Jon Frankel probes for the unfiltered story and reveals new evidence of mermaids that only has come forward in the past year.
About Discovery en Español
Discovery en Español is the Spanish-language voice of Discovery. It is the premier network dedicated to offering the finest in quality programming in the areas of science and technology, world culture and history, nature and wildlife as well as real-life drama. The network creates an indelibly enriching experience by collecting the best of what Discovery’s networks have to offer in combination with its own original Spanish-language content. Created by the world’s most trusted media brand, Discovery en Español translates not just the words, but the feeling of Discovery, educating and engaging audiences nationwide with fascinating glimpses into the incredible world they inhabit. For more information, visit tudiscovery.com or follow us on facebook.com/discoveryenespanol.
· DSCE was #1 Hispanic Pay TV net on Wednesday 7-11pm among P18-49(77K) and W18-49(31K).
· DSCE was #1 Hispanic Pay TV net on Wednesday 9pm among P18-49(105K), M18-49(51K) and W18-49(54K) with SALA DE EMERGENCIAS.
· DSCE was #1 Hispanic Pay TV net on Wednesday 10pm among P18-49(103K), M18-49(60K) and W18-49(43K) with PESADILLA EN LA CIUDAD.
· DSCE was #1 Hispanic Pay TV net on Sunday 7-11pm among P18-49(139K), M18-49(70K) and W18-49(69K).
· DSCE was #1 Hispanic Pay TV net on Sunday 8-10pm among P18-49(143K) with DISCOVERY PRESENTA/SIRENAS. (repeat)
· DSCE was #3 Pay TV net among all Cable Networks on Sunday 7-11pm among Hispanic P18-49(139K) below the #2 network AMC (178K) and at #1 MTV (805K, Sunday MTV aired live award show VMA’s).
· DSCE was #3 Pay TV net among all Cable Networks Sunday 10pm among Hispanic P18-49(230K) below the #2 network LIFETIME (249)and at #1 MTV (1229K).
· DSCE was #3 Pay TV net among all Cable Networks Sunday 8-10pm among Hispanic P18-49(143K) below the #2 network AMC (276K)and at #1 MTV (828K).
• Among the top programs that drove this week where;
· Monday’s 11pm CARA A CARA CON LAS MUJER (107K)
· Monday’s 11:30pm CARA A CARA CON LAS MUJER (103K)
· Wednesday’s 9pm SALA DE EMERGENCIAS (105K)
· Wednesday’s 10pm PESADILLA EN LA CIUDAD (103K)
· Sunday’s 8pm DISCOVERY PRESENTA/SIRENAS (143K)
· Sunday’s 11pm DISCOVERY PRESENTA/SIRENAS (8pm repeat) (132K)