via press release:
NBCUNIVERSAL CELEBRATES NFL KICKOFF 2013 AND SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Features and Segments from NBCUniversal Properties Include: Golf Channel, NBCSN, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, CNBC, E!, The Weather Channel, Telemundo, NBC Affiliates, iVillage, DailyCandy, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles and Universal Orlando Resort
NBCUniversal Programs Include: Morning Drive, The Crossover, SportsDash, Pro Football Talk, TODAY, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Squawk Box
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 4, 2013 – NBCUniversal will surround its coverage of NFL Kickoff 2013 with an unprecedented and diverse collection of assets ranging from sports to news to entertainment. It will also utilize Spanish-language programs, online outlets and theme parks. The wide-ranging NFL Kickoff 2013 activation is part of NBC Sports Group’s big event strategy.
“Our cross-platform integration represents the symphonic approach of NBCUniversal,” said NBC Sports Group’s Chief Marketing Officer John Miller.
Coverage of NFL Kickoff 2013 begins when Joe Flacco and the defending Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens travel to Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colo., to face Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos in a rematch of the 2012 AFC Divisional Playoff game. A pre-game concert will feature performances by Grammy Award-winning artist Keith Urban, from a specially constructed stage floating in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Coverage begins on NBC at 7:30 p.m. ET. Ryan Seacrest, a contributor during NBC’s primetime coverage of the 2012 London Olympics, will be on location in Denver to lead the final countdown to the new NFL season.
NBCUNIVERSAL SURROUNDS NFL KICKOFF 2013:
- Golf Channel: Morning Drive will once again preview Kickoff and the premiere of Sunday Night Football with a Michele Tafoya interview.
- NBCSN: The Crossover with Michelle Beadle conducted an interview with Carrie Underwood. SportsDash, hosted by Dave Briggs and Carolyn Manno, and Pro Football Talk, hosted by Mike Florio and Erik Kuselias, will preview the season.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: Interviews with Sunday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth and sideline reporter Michele Tafoya will be featured on multiple NBC Sports Regional Networks platforms, including Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, the official RSN of the Baltimore Ravens.
- NBC Sports Radio: NBC Sports Radio will surround the 2013 NFL season with daily coverage on 339 radio affiliates, highlighted by McNabb and Malone; an all-sports show that leverages the unique perspective of two former NFL quarterbacks, and Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison; featuring three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison.
- TODAY: TODAY will present an interview on Friday, Sept. 6, with Carrie Underwood, who on Sunday night makes her debut performance of the “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,” opening theme for Sunday Night Football. Al Roker will be on-site in Denver on Thursday, Sept. 5. Kathie Lee and Hoda host a “Who Knew” NFL trivia segment and promote Kickoff with Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens jersey giveaways.
- E!: E! News crew will cover NFL Kickoff 2013 live in Denver. On Friday, Sept. 6, E! News will present an interview with Carrie Underwood. E! will also interview artist Keith Urban.
- Access Hollywood: Access Hollywood conducted an interview with Carrie Underwood, and will present additional NFL Kickoff 2013 coverage.
- America’s Got Talent: Host Nick Cannon will toss SNF mini-footballs into the crowd during the show.
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Jimmy Fallon will forecast the winner of Thursday’s Ravens-Broncos game with his “Puppy Predictor.”
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno will feature NFL content.
- Saturday Night Live: NBC will present an encore presentation of Eli Manning’s SNL episode on Saturday, Sept. 7. It also aired Peyton Manning’s episode on Saturday, Aug. 31.
- CNBC: In anticipation of the start of the season, CNBC’s Squawk Box interviewed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on the big business of professional football; New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and quarterback Tom Brady regarding the secrets to the Patriots’ success; and New York Jets owner Woody Johnson and New York Giants co-owner Jonathan Tisch on the upcoming cold weather Super Bowl.
- The Weather Channel: Wake Up with Al and Morning Rush will provide up-to-date game forecasts throughout the week.
- Telemundo: Telemundo celebrates the return of the NFL season with “NFL Kickoff,” a special preview show that airs on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 4:30 p.m. ET, hosted by Edgar Lopez and Karim Mendiburu.
- NewsChannel/Affiliates: NBC’s NewsChannel, which feeds all 235 NBC affiliates nationwide, will go behind-the-scenes in the Sunday Night Football production truck.
- iVillage: The largest content-driven community for women online, iVillage will feature an NFL article and web banners promoting Kickoff.
- DailyCandy: The fashion, food and lifestyle site will promote via social media and the official #SNF hashtag and SNF All-Access.
- Universal Park & Resort: Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles and Universal Orlando Resort will help promote NBC’s coverage of NFL Kickoff 2013 by featuring NBC Sports-produced trailers and videos on CityWalk’s big outdoor screens along with kickoff signage on print billboards throughout the theme parks.