TV One Sets Network Ratings Record in August
via press release:
TV ONE NETS HIGHEST MONTHLY PERFORMANCE OF ALL TIME IN AUGUST 2013
Original Series Fuels the Network to Record Summer Ratings and Web Traffic
SILVER SPRING, MD, SEPTEMBER 4, 2013 ? TV One announced today that the network saw its highest monthly performance in history as well as its best summer performance ever among Adults 25-54. Original primetime series drove the ratings growth with new series R&B Divas LA, Fatal Attraction and returning favorites The Rickey Smiley Show and Celebrity Crime Files leading the charge.
August highlights include:
- TV One delivered more African American Viewers 2+ in Primetime vs. WEtv, TBS, AMC, TRUtv, FX, TV Land, Centric, Style, MTV2, UP! and Bounce TV
- TV One posted double-digit Total Day year-over-year gains among key demos and overall Viewers 2+:
- Adults 25-54 (+40%), Adults 18-49 (+31%), Viewers 2+ (+14%)
- Adult Women 25-54 (+33%), Adult Women 18-49 (+21%)
- Adult Men 25-54 (+53%), Adult Men 18-49 (+53%)
- R&B Divas LA is the #1 cable reality series with African American Adults 18+ in primetime on Wednesday year-to-date. R&B Divas LA posted double-digit Adult 25-54 and overall household gains vs. R&B Divas ATL Seasons 1 & 2:
- Season 1 (+28% for both P25-54 and Hhlds)
- Season 2 (P25-54 +25% and Hhlds +16%).
- Like R&B Divas ATL Seasons one and two, R&B Divas LA posted very strong DVR Lift (Live viewing vs. Live +3 viewing): P25-54 (66%) and Hhlds (56%)
- The Rickey Smiley Show is the #1 Friday Primetime non-sports Original Series on Cable Year-to-date among Black Adults 25-54
- Traffic on the network’s website, tvone.tv, delivered the biggest month of video traffic since August 2012, garnering over two million video views
Source: Nielsen TV Toolbox (Live +SD)
About TV One:
Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvone.tv) serves more than 57.3 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult Black viewers. In December 2008, the company launched TV One High Def, which now serves 14 million households. TV One is owned by Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK; www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets Black and urban listeners; and Comcast Corporation [NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK); www.comcast.com], one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services.