NBC Sports Group Surrounds Sunday Night Football With Collection of Digital & Social Media Extensions
via press release:
NBC SPORTS GROUP SURROUNDS SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WITH COLLECTION OF DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA EXTENSIONS
Revamped Sunday Night Football All-Access to Deliver
NBCSports.com/FollowSNF to Provide Digital & Social Destination
Surrounding Sunday Night Football Bus and The Sunday Night Football
Stamford, Conn — September 5, 2013 — NBC Sports Group’s multi-platform coverage of Sunday Night Football and the 2013 NFL season will include an unprecedented collection of digital and social media extensions this year, including a revamped Sunday Night Football experience online that includes SNFAll-Access, NBCSports.com’s destination for fans dedicated to behind-the-scenes content from Sunday Night Football, and the new NBCSports.com/FollowSNF section, designed for fans who want to interact with and track The Sunday Night Football and the Sunday Night Football Bus.
In addition, NBC Sports Group will offer news, exclusive content and social engagement opportunities for football fans through a collection of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
NBC Sports Group’s digital coverage of Sunday Night Football also includes Sunday Night Football on NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops and tablets, and Fantasy Football Live – Thursday Night!, NBCSN’s live and on-demand, multi-platform fantasy football program that airs on Thursday nights.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ALL-ACCESS
For the fourth straight season, NBCSports.com is providing a destination for fans dedicated to behind-the-scenes content of Sunday Night Football. New this season, SNF All-Access will feature a section dedicated to pertinent Twitter feeds around the NFL and SNF. Fans can follow @SNFonNBC, NFL teams, players and NBC Sports experts all within one curated destination. SNF All-Access will also continue to include exclusive photos and videos of the Sunday Night Football production, look-ins on SNF production meetings, Michele Tafoya’s “Ten With Tafoya” interviews with key NFL players, and a weekly notebook and conversations with SNF and FNIA talent.
Visit SNF All-Access at SNFAllAccess.com.
Fans can digitally follow the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, at NBCSports.com/FollowSNF. The site will include an interactive map of where the bus and ball have been, and where they are traveling to next. Users will be able to click into each city on the map to experience photos from the road provided by SNF, as well as Twitter and Instagram pictures from NFL teams and players. Fans can also upload photos of themselves in their favorite team gear and see it appear in the experience.
In addition, the site offers a behind-the-scenes look at the Sunday Night Football bus and ball.
- FANS OF THE WEEK: Each week, NBC Sports Group will select four social media “Fans of The Week” to become Sunday Night Football Ambassadors. The four fans will be rewarded with experiences such as a tour of the SNF production truck, tours and rides on the SNF bus and a VIP experience on game days. The “Fans of The Week” are selected based on their social media activity and NFL team fandom. Each “Fan of The Week” will have the opportunity to share their experience through their individual social media accounts, with support from the SNF social media accounts.
- SNF SOCIAL MEDIA FEED: To help fans continue the conversation about the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, NBCSports.com/FollowSNF will aggregate tweets and Instagram posts utilizing #SNF. The feed will include NBC Sports NFL experts, players, teams, “SNF Fans of The Week”, and others talking about SNF and their interactions with the bus and the ball.
- SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS: Beginning with the Sunday Night Football opener on Sept. 8, the Sunday Night Football bus will travel to all 17 SNF games and the annual Thanksgiving game. The bus will make stops at local landmarks and events in each market before making its way to the game site for a full Sunday at the stadium, giving fans the opportunity to interact with America’s most-watched primetime television show.The Sunday Night Football bus will incorporate exclusive activities and social media both inside and out. SNF’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts along with the #SNF hashtag will be displayed on the exterior. Once on the bus, fans and visitors can tweet and post photos of themselves in the broadcast positions occupied by Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth from a mock SNF studio.
- THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: For the second consecutive season NBC Sports will present The Sunday Night Football, a custom made football that is signed by the Player(s) of the Game at the end of the SNF game each week, and travels with the SNF crew all season long. Fans of SNF on Facebook and Twitter will be able to keep up with The Sunday Night Football on the SNF Facebook page, follow its path through each city and recommend where it should visit while in town. Photos, video and stories around The Sunday Night Football and its travels will live on Facebook, Twitter, and NBCSports.com/FollowSNF. Both the 2012 and new 2013 Sunday Night Football’s will travel on the Sunday Night Football bus to each SNF city in special glass cases.
Integrated marketing agency CSE collaborated with NBC Sports Group’s marketing team on the Follow The Ball program as well as the Sunday Night Football bus tour.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SOCIAL MEDIA
NBC Sports Group will deliver news, interview, photos, videos, and exclusive content to fans following Sunday Night Football on NBC Sports’ social media platforms.
- SNF ON FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/SNFonNBC – Over 1 million LIKES strong, the Sunday Night Football Facebook page provides links, photos and exclusive behind-the-scenes videos. The page aggregates all SNF-related content found within the NBC Sports digital network, including NBCSports.com, SNF All Access, Follow SNF, ProFootballTalk.com, and Rotoworld.com.
- SNF ON TWITTER: twitter.com/SNFonNBC – For the second year in a row, Sunday Night Football sideline reporter Michele Tafoya will be sharing live video tweets from the sideline through @SNFonNBC. Exclusively featured on the SNF social media platforms, Tafoya will provide fans with extended real-time content from her unique sideline perspective. Using tweets, pictures, vine videos and twidvids, @SNFonNBC will also provide unique content from SNF and Football Night In America talent, production staff and NFL players.
- In addition, each week @SNFonNBC will promote a guest player who will live tweet during the Sunday Night Football broadcast on NBC. On Sunday, September 8, former Cowboys WR Drew Pearson (@DrewPearsonShow) will be the guest player. Pearson went into the Cowboys Ring of Honor in 2011. The tweets from the guest player will automatically be pulled into the SNF Extra Player.
- New this season, Sunday Night Football fans on Twitter will also have the opportunity to follow a second account dedicated to the weekly SNF broadcast. Designed for the ultimate NFL stats fan, @SNFSuperStats will offer viewers a comprehensive feed of information about Sunday Night Football games in progress. Every Sunday night @SNFSuperStats will feature live stats on the game, teams and players. @SNFSuperStats will be available starting Sunday, September 8.
- SNF ON INSTAGRAM: Going into its third season, Sunday Night Football gives the SNF fan a look at photos through the filters of Instagram. Fans get a look inside the production trucks, the locker rooms, on the field and around the city. Fans also have the opportunity to submit photos through Instagram using #SNF that will automatically be curated into a special Instagram tab on the Sunday Night Football Facebook page.
FANTASY FOOTBALL LIVE–THURSDAY NIGHT! THURSDAY NIGHTS, 6:30 P.M. ET
Building off of Yahoo! Sports’ popular Sunday live streaming show Fantasy Football Live, Fantasy Football Live–Thursday Night! on NBCSN is a live and on-demand, multi-platform, fantasy football program that airs at 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday nights.
Fantasy Football Live on NBCSN combines the best fantasy football expertise from Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports, including unique metrics from Yahoo! Sports’ leading fantasy football platform, and full integration with NBC Sports’ premier fantasy sports information site, Rotoworld.com.
A subsequent, digital-only version of Fantasy Football Live is available live from 7-7:30 p.m. ET, as well as through video-on-demand across web and through mobile devices on both Yahoo! Sports and NBCSports.com.
Hosted by NBC Sports’ Erik Kuselias, Fantasy Football Live features a mix of Yahoo! Sports, NBC Sports, and Rotoworld fantasy experts, including NBC Sports’ Shaun King, and Yahoo! Sports’ Brad Evans and Brandon Funston. Yahoo! Sports’ Melanie Collins hosts the digital show. Rotoworld’s Kay Adams will be a regular contributor for the show across both platforms.
NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA
For the sixth consecutive season, the entire Sunday Night Football schedule will be streamed live online. NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops and tablets, will stream all SNF games televised on NBC. The video stream will come directly from NBC’s broadcast of SNF, and will include additional camera angles and interactive features.
NBC Sports Live Extra employs a full HD-quality player, which includes a draggable picture-in-picture feature for any of the online-only cameras, plus full DVR functionality allowing the user to pause, scroll back-and-forth, and review plays in slo-motion.
In addition, online coverage features in-game analysis from the Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America teams as well as fantasy tips from Rotoworld fantasy experts.
For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra. The NBC Sports Live Extra app for tablets is available at the App Store for iPad and iPod touch, and on select tablet devices within Google Play.
2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
NBC will broadcast 19 primetime NFL games during the 2013 season, highlighted by: Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos hosting the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens on NFL Kickoff 2013 on Thursday, Sept. 5; a classic NFC East rivalry as the Dallas Cowboys host the New York Giants in the opening Sunday Night Football game on Sept. 8; Manning returning home to Indianapolis to take on Andrew Luck and the Colts; and NBC’s annual Thanksgiving night game, featuring the heated AFC North rivalry Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens.
|2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE|
|Thurs. Sept. 5||NFL Kickoff||Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos|
|Sun. Sept. 8||Week 1||New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys|
|Sun. Sept. 15||Week 2||San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks|
|Sun. Sept. 22||Week 3||Chicago Bears at Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Sun. Sept. 29||Week 4||New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons|
|Sun. Oct. 6||Week 5||Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers|
|Sun. Oct. 13||Week 6||Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys|
|Sun. Oct. 20||Week 7||Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts|
|Sun. Oct. 27||Week 8||Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings|
|Sun. Nov. 3||Week 9||Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans|
|Sun. Nov. 10||Week 10||Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints|
|*Sun. Nov. 17||Week 11||Green Bay Packers at New York Giants|
|*Sun. Nov. 24||Week 12||Denver Broncos at New England Patriots|
|**Thurs. Nov. 28||Week 13||Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens|
|*Sun. Dec. 1||Week 13||New York Giants at Washington Redskins|
|*Sun. Dec. 8||Week 14||Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers|
|*Sun. Dec. 15||Week 15||Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers|
|*Sun. Dec. 22||Week 16||New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens|
|*Sun. Dec. 29||Week 17||TBA|
**Thanksgiving Night Game
Follow “Sunday Night Football” on Twitter @SNFonNBC
Follow NBC SportsTalk on Twitter @NBCSportsTalk
Become a fan of “Sunday Night Football” on Facebook at: Facebook.com/SNFonNBC
Visit SNF All-Access at: http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/
Founded in 1986 as an athlete management and marketing firm, CSE (www.groupcse.com) has evolved into one of the longest-running and most-diversified independent marketing agencies in the country. CSE helps businesses and brands connect with consumers and fans through multi-dimensional strategy building and execution across a wide range of diversified areas, including strategic sponsorships, experiential marketing, social media campaigns, digital, media content creation, multicultural, advertising, analytics, communications and PR, talent management and more.