More than 20 Million Minutes Consumed for NFL Kickoff 2013 on ‘NBC Sports Live Extra’
via press release:
More than 20 Million Minutes Consumed for NFL Kickoff 2013
NBC Sports Live Extra’s live stream of last night’s NFL Kickoff, in which the Denver Broncos defeated the Baltimore Ravens 49-27, generated record-setting digital numbers.
Fans consumed 20.5 million minutes of the game, setting a new NBC Sports Live Extra record and making it the highest-trafficked non-Olympic, non-Super Bowl live stream in NBC Sports Digital history. The 20.5 million minutes shattered the previous record for an NFL game on NBC of 10.6 million minutes, set last season in Week 15 (49ers vs. Patriots). Fans were engaged as they consumed 49.4 minutes per visit.
Last night’s game was the best ever in numerous other key metrics on all platforms. The tablet-only stream accounted for 41percent of the live starts and 29 percent of the minutes watched, which beat last year’s season high of 27percent of the live starts and 17percent of the minutes watched.
First Look Report – August Traffic For NBC Sports Digital
NBC Sports Digital delivered its best month ever in August with 113.6 million visits, up 20 percent from July and up 68 percent year-over-year, according to data delivered by omniture. It also had a record number of page views, with 426.7 million, up 48 percent from last month and 55 percent year-over-year, helped by the perfect storm of record-setting months from NBCSports.com, Rotoworld.com and GolfChannel.com, CSN Mid-Atlantic and CSN Bay Area. Other contributors to the network’s success include:
- NBCSports.com recorded its best month ever with 54.1million visits, up 85 percent from last year, boosted by NFL preseason and Premier League traffic and its partnership with Yahoo! Sports.
- Rotoworld experienced an all-time record of unique visitors for the month of August, with 5.5 million, up 44 percent year-over year. It also scored its fourth highest month all-time in page views and visits, 109.6 million and 15.6 million, respectively.
- GolfChannel.com delivered the site’s best month ever in visits and page views, with 5.4 million and 35.4 million, respectively.
- In addition, NBC Sports Regional Network’s digital platforms grew tremendously, most notably a triple-digit uptick year-over-year in video streams, with 6.9 million. CSN Bay Area had its best month ever in all key metrics, and CSN Mid-Atlantic experienced its best month ever in uniques and visits.
- Live video was up triple and quadruple-digits, as traffic was bolstered by Premier League live streaming.
A Look Inside the IOC Session in Buenos Aires
Three major Olympic decisions will be decided this weekend at the 125th International Olympic Committee session in Buenos Aires, Argentina: the announcement of the host city for the 2020 Olympics; the addition of a new sport for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics; and the election of a new IOC president. NBCSports.com will be live streaming the announcement of the host city on Saturday. Voting begins at 2:45 p.m. ET with IOC president Jacques Rogge expected to announce the winner shortly after 4 p.m. ET.
Record Digital Traffic for 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC Sports Live Extra
The 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship wrapped up its season last Saturday to record live streaming and online numbers. For the first time ever, NBC Sports Live Extra streamed live all 12 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship races. In all, the site streamed more than 50 total programming hours and online-only practices. Some highlights include:
- Unique users: NBC Sports Live Extra averaged 25,562 users per race, up 29 percent vs. 2012
- Total minutes watched: Users consumed more than 15 million minutes of streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra, up 25 percent vs. 2012
- Live Stream Video-On-Demand: NBC Sports Live Extra delivered more than 700,000 VOD plays, up 11 percent vs. 2012