|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||8.9/28||0.9/3||1.3/4||0.8/3||0.5/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||23.190||5.891||3.531||3.759||1.606||0.677|
NOTE: Due to the nature of live programming the ratings for NBC (NFL Football) are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers.
NOTE: Versus last week, A18-49 usage was up +13% from 8-11pm.
NBC was number 1 in adults 18-49 and with Total Viewers.
On NBC, NFL Kickoff earned a preliminary 6.5 adults 18-49 rating up 15 percent from a preliminary 5.5 last season on Wednesday, September 5, 2012. The first NFL Football game of the season, between the Baltimore Ravens and the Denver Broncos, scored a 10.4 preliminary adults 18-49 rating from 9-11PM up 20 percent from a 8.7 for last year’s opener on Wednesday, September 5, 2012. Since the game actually ran until 12:25Am expect major adjustments when the final ratings are released this afternoon.
On CBS,garnered a 2.4, up 33 percent from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC, a two hournotched a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, down 8 percent from a 1.2 on August 23. scored a 1.0 up 11 percent from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.
Overnight ratings for Thursday, September 5, 2013:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (Millions)|
|8:00||NBC||Football Night in America: Kick-Off 2013 - Live||6.5/21||17.88|
|9:00||NBC||NFL Football (9-11PM) - Live||10.4/28||25.85|
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The with Jay Leno," 2.6/11 (delayed by NFL overrun); CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.0/5; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/4.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The with Jay Leno,” 1.2/10 (delayed by NFL overrun); " ," 0.4/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.4/2.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.2/1 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" results are unavailable due to a delay for an NFL overrun. CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" averaged a 0.9/3 in metered-market households and a 0.2/2 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters.
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" results are unavailable due to a delay for an NFL overrun.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2013 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.-
You can see TV ratings from other recent Overnight ratings reports here.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.