NBC Wins Total Viewers With Top Tuesday ‘America’s Got Talent’ in 3 Months
via press release:
NBC is the #1 network among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox Tuesday night in total viewers, with the #1 show of the night in that category, “America’s Got Talent” (10.9 million), which generated its biggest Tuesday overall audience in three months (since June 18, 11.8 million) and “The Million Second Quiz,” which topped its prior five telecasts in total viewers.
- At 8 p.m. ET, “The Million Second Quiz” (1.1 rating, 4 share in adults 18-49, 5.2 million viewers overall) delivered a second straight night of growth to match its highest 18-49 rating since the prior Wednesday and out-deliver the show’s prior five telecasts from last Wednesday through Monday of this week in total viewers.
- For a seventh consecutive telecast, “Million Second Quiz” grew from half-hour to half-hour in 18-49 rating, last night increasing by 20% (to a 1.2 from a 1.0). The Tuesday telecast also grew half-hour to half-hour in all other key ratings categories.
- Versus its prior telecast on Monday, “Million Second Quiz” is up 10% in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 1.0) and up 45% in total viewers (5.188 million vs. 3.587 million).
- From 9-11 p.m. ET, “America’s Got Talent” (2.4/7 in 18-49, 10.9 million viewers overall) scored the #1 result of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in total viewers, with its biggest overall audience for a Tuesday telecast since June 18. “Talent” is up week to week in total viewers for a fourth consecutive Tuesday, with an increase versus the prior week of 18% (10.941 million vs. 9.237 million).
- In adults 18-49, “Talent” is up week to week by 4% (to a 2.4 from a 2.3) and is matching its top Tuesday 18-49 rating in six weeks (since Aug. 6, 2.5).
- “Talent” is a decisive #1 in its time period in total viewers and adults 25-54. In adults 18-49, “Talent” is tied with Fox’s hour of season premieres from 9-10 p.m. (2.4 rating each in that hour) and is a decisive #1 from 10-11 p.m.