The Chicago Bears Travel to Pitttsburgh to Take On The Steelers on ‘Sunday Night Football’
via press release:
JAY CUTLER AND THE CHICAGO BEARS TRAVEL TO PITTSBURGH TO TAKE ON BEN ROETHLISBERGER AND THE STEELERS ON SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Coverage Begins with Football Night In America at 7 p.m. ET on NBC
NBC Sports Live Extra to Live Stream Bears–Steelers
FNIA Coach’s Clicker
Tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN
NFL Turning Point
Tonight at 10 p.m. ET on NBCSN
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 18, 2013 – Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears (2-0) travel to Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pa., to take on Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers (0-2) on Sunday Night Football. Coverage begins with Football Night In America at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.
Calling Bears-Steelers is seven-time Emmy Award-winner Al Michaels (play-by-play), in his 28th season as the voice of the NFL’s premier primetime package; 14-time Emmy Award-winner Cris Collinsworth, who has won the Emmy for Outstanding Event Analyst in each of his four seasons in the Sunday Night Football booth; and Emmy Award-winning sideline reporter Michele Tafoya.
NBC’s coverage of Sunday Night Football is led by Emmy Award-winning coordinating producer Fred Gaudelli and Emmy Award-winning director Drew Esocoff. Sunday Night Football has won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Sports Series for five consecutive years.
Football Night in America, the most-watched pre-game show in sports, is hosted by 25-time Emmy Award-winner Bob Costas, who will report from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pa. Costas will be joined on site by Michaels, Collinsworth, and two-time Super Bowl winner Hines Ward.
Dan Patrick co-hosts Football Night from NBC’s famed Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Patrick will be joined by Super Bowl-winning head coach Tony Dungy, two-time Super Bowl winner Rodney Harrison, Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN and NBCSports.com, and longtime NFL front office veteran and former NFL Executive of the Year Scott Pioli. Alex Flanagan will report from Candlestick Park in San Francisco, Calif. on the Colts-49ers game.
In addition to Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America, NBC Sports Group’s NFL coverage also includes digital content and social media extensions that are available online, as well as NFL-related shoulder programming on NBCSN.
BEARS-STEELERS PREVIEW VIDEO:
Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison preview Bears–Steelers: http://www.nbcsports.com/football/nfl/can-older-steelers-keep-bears
Dungy on the Bears – “The big improvement I have seen is their offense is getting some plays out of their tight end. Martellus Bennett has helped take some pressure off of Brandon Marshall and make some big plays.”
Dungy on the Steelers – “They are going to have to be an offensive team. Ben Roethlisberger is going to have to win games for them. They have got to play differently than they have in the past. They need to get rid of the ball faster, run the ball and take some pressure off of Ben.”
Harrison on the Steelers – “They have to run the ball. Big Ben holds the ball too long. When you hold the ball too long, and you don’t have great offensive linemen, bad things happen.”
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CELEBRATES HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
As part of the NFL’s celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, NBC Sports Group will incorporate a series of special elements into the Sunday Night Football broadcast and marketing campaign. The winner of Season 1 of Telemundo’s La Voz Kids, Paola Guanche, will sing the national anthem live from Pittsburgh, Pa. In addition, NBC’s Sunday Night Football on-air, print and digital-marketing elements will feature Hispanic Heritage Month logos and branding.
NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA
For the sixth consecutive season, the entire Sunday Night Football schedule will be streamed live online. NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops and tablets, will stream all SNF games televised on NBC. The video stream will come directly from NBC’s broadcast of SNF, and will include additional camera angles and interactive features.
NBC Sports Live Extra employs a full HD-quality player, which includes a draggable picture-in-picture feature for any of the online-only cameras, plus full DVR functionality allowing the user to pause, scroll back-and-forth, and review plays in slo-motion.
In addition, online coverage features in-game analysis from the Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America teams as well as fantasy tips from Rotoworld fantasy experts.
For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra. The NBC Sports Live Extra app for tablets is available at the App Store for iPad and iPod touch, and on select tablet devices within Google Play.
NEW EPISODES OF FNIA COACH’S CLICKER AND NFL TURNING POINT AIR TONIGHT ON NBCSN
NBCSN’s in-depth coverage of the 2013 NFL season continues tonight with new episodes of FNIA Coach’s Clicker at 6:30 p.m. ET and NFL Turning Point at 10 p.m. ET.
FNIA Coach’s Clicker, NBCSN’s new weekly half-hour NFL studio show that dovetails off of Football Night in America, will provide an in-depth Xs-and-Os preview of the biggest games coming up in Week 3 of the season. FNIA Coach’s Clicker host Liam McHugh will be joined by Super Bowl-winning head coach Tony Dungy and two-time Super Bowl winner Rodney Harrison, who will look at the play of Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III and discuss whether he should start for the Redskins in their upcoming game against the Lions. In addition, Dungy and Harrison will preview this week’s Sunday Night Football matchup between the Chicago Bears and Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL Turning Point, hosted by Football Night In America’s Dan Patrick, will take a look back at Week 2 in the NFL and focus on the crucial “turning point” moments that ultimately defined the outcome of some of the key games. This week’s episode features the Denver Broncos-New York Giants matchup, and shines a spotlight on how quarterback brothers Peyton and Eli Manning performed in the “Manning Bowl.” NFL Turning Point also contains a segment on the San Diego Chargers-Philadelphia Eagles game, which analyzes how the Eagles clock management allowed the Chargers to come back late in the fourth quarter and win the game. In addition, the show includes a film study session with Arizona Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson, and compelling in-game audio from Texans DE J.J. Watt.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL DIGITAL COVERAGE
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ALL-ACCESS
For the fourth straight season, NBCSports.com is providing a destination for fans dedicated to behind-the-scenes content of Sunday Night Football. New this season, SNF All-Access will feature a section dedicated to pertinent Twitter feeds around the NFL and SNF. Fans can follow @SNFonNBC, NFL teams, players and NBC Sports experts all within one curated destination. SNF All-Access will also continue to include exclusive photos and videos of the Sunday Night Football production, look-ins on SNF production meetings, Michele Tafoya’s “Ten With Tafoya” interviews with key NFL players, and a weekly notebook and conversations with SNF and FNIA talent.
Fans can digitally follow the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, at NBCSports.com/FollowSNF. The site will include an interactive map of where the bus and ball have been, and where they are travelling to next. Users will be able to click into each city on the map to experience photos from the road provided by SNF, as well as Twitter and Instagram pictures from NFL teams and players. Fans can also upload photos of themselves in their favorite team gear and see it appear in the experience.
In addition, the site offers a behind-the-scenes look at the Sunday Night Football crew and talent, plus content from the bus itself.
- FANS OF THE WEEK: Each week, NBC Sports Group will select four social media “Fans of The Week” to become Sunday Night Football Ambassadors. The four fans will be rewarded with experiences such as a tour of the SNF production truck, tours and rides on the SNF bus and a VIP experience on game days. The “Fans of The Week” are selected based on their social media activity and NFL team fandom. Each “Fan of The Week” will have the opportunity to share their experience through their individual social media accounts, with support from the SNF social media accounts.
- SNF SOCIAL MEDIA FEED: To help fans continue the conversation about the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, NBCSports.com/FollowSNF will aggregate tweets and Instagram posts utilizing #SNF. The feed will include NBC Sports NFL experts, players, teams, “SNF Fans of The Week”, and others talking about SNF and their interactions with the bus and the ball.
- SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SOCIAL MEDIA: NBC Sports Group will deliver news, interview, photos, videos, and exclusive content to fans following Sunday Night Football on NBC Sports’ social media platforms.
- SNF ON FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/SNFonNBC – Over 1 million LIKES strong, the Sunday Night Football Facebook page provides links, photos and exclusive behind-the-scenes videos. The page aggregates all SNF-related content found within the NBC Sports digital network, including NBCSports.com, SNF All Access, Follow SNF, ProFootballTalk.com, and Rotoworld.com.
- SNF ON TWITTER: twitter.com/SNFonNBC – For the second year in a row, Sunday Night Football sideline reporter Michele Tafoya will be sharing live video tweets from the sideline through @SNFonNBC. Exclusively featured on the SNF social media platforms, Tafoya will provide fans with extended real-time content from her unique sideline perspective. Using tweets, pictures, vine videos and twitvids, @SNFonNBC will also provide unique content from SNF and Football Night In America talent, production staff and NFL players.
- In addition, each week @SNFonNBC will promote a guest player who will live tweet during the Sunday Night Football broadcast on NBC. On Sunday, September 22, former Steelers LB Chad Brown @chadbrown94 will be the guest player. Brown played in Super Bowl XXX with the Steelers and was named to the first of his three Pro Bowls while with Pittsburgh. The tweets from Brown will automatically be pulled into the SNF Extra Player.
- New this season, Sunday Night Football fans on Twitter will also have the opportunity to follow a second account dedicated to the weekly SNF broadcast. Designed for the ultimate NFL stats fan, @SNFSuperStats will offer viewers a comprehensive feed of information about Sunday Night Football games in progress. Every Sunday night @SNFSuperStats will feature live stats on the game, teams and players.
- According to SocialGuide.com, NBC’s Sunday Night Football broadcast featuring San Francisco 49ers -Seattle Seahawks on 9/15/13 was the No. 1 most talked about event on Twitter for the day, with 289,000 uniques and 657,000 total tweets. In addition, #SNF garnered 123 million impressions and was mentioned 39,000 times on Twitter during the week.”
- SNF ON INSTAGRAM: Going into its third season, Sunday Night Football gives the SNF fan a look at photos through the filters of Instagram. Fans get a look inside the production trucks, the locker rooms, on the field and around the city. Fans also have the opportunity to submit photos through Instagram using #SNF that will automatically be curated into a special Instagram tab on the Sunday Night Football Facebook page.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS
The Sunday Night Football bus will travel to all 17 SNF games, and the Thanksgiving night game in Baltimore, arriving in each city two or three days prior to each game. The bus will make stops at local landmarks and events in each market before making its way to the game site for a full Sunday at the stadium, giving fans the opportunity to interact with America’s most-watched primetime television show.
The Sunday Night Football bus will incorporate exclusive activities and social media both inside and out. SNF‘s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts along with the #SNF hashtag will be displayed on the exterior. Once on the bus, fans and visitors can tweet and post photos of themselves in the broadcast positions occupied by Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth from a mock SNF studio.
THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
For the second consecutive season NBC Sports will present The Sunday Night Football, a custom made football from Wilson, which will travel with the SNF crew all season long. Fans of SNF on Facebook and Twitter will be able to keep up with The Sunday Night Football on the SNF Facebook page, follow its path through each city and recommend where it should visit while in town. In addition, fans can visit NBCSports.com/FollowSNF.
At the end of each SNF game, The Sunday Night Football will be signed by the player of the game. Photos, video and stories around The Sunday Night Football and its travels will live on Facebook, Twitter, and SNF All-Access.
Week Player Game Date
*Week 1 Peyton Manning Ravens at Broncos Thurs. Sept. 5
Week 1 Tony Romo & Sean Lee Giants at Cowboys Sun. Sept. 8
Week 2 Marshawn Lynch & Richard Sherman 49ers at Seahawks Sun. Sept. 15
*NFL Kickoff 2013
PRO FOOTBALL TALK ON NBCSN
WEEKNIGHTS, 5:30 P.M. ET
Pro Football Talk, NBCSN’s daily NFL studio show co-hosted by Mike Florio and Erik Kuselias, airs at 5:30 p.m. ET every Monday through Friday. The show regularly features a roster of NBC Sports football commentators, including Rodney Harrison, Hines Ward, Doug Flutie, Ross Tucker, Peter King, and Scott Pioli.
In addition to deep diving on the most topical NFL stories of the day, Pro Football Talk provides all-encompassing coverage of the NFL, including the most current news and analysis, engaging features, thought-provoking debates, and interviews with a wide variety of NFL newsmakers.
FANTASY FOOTBALL LIVE ON NBCSN
THURSDAY NIGHTS, 6:30 P.M. ET
Building off of Yahoo! Sports’ popular Sunday live streaming show Fantasy Football Live, Fantasy Football Live on NBCSN is a live and on-demand, multi-platform, fantasy football program that airs at 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday nights.
Fantasy Football Live on NBCSN combines the best fantasy football expertise from Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports, including unique metrics from Yahoo! Sports’ leading fantasy football platform, and full integration with NBC Sports’ premier fantasy sports information site, Rotoworld.com.
A subsequent, digital-only version of Fantasy Football Live is available live from 7-7:30 p.m. ET, as well as through video-on-demand across web and through mobile devices on both Yahoo! Sports and NBCSports.com.
Hosted by NBC Sports’ Erik Kuselias, Fantasy Football Live features a mix of Yahoo! Sports, NBC Sports, and Rotoworld fantasy experts, including NBC Sports’ Shaun King, and Yahoo! Sports’ Brad Evans and Brandon Funston. Yahoo! Sports’ Melanie Collins will host the digital show. Rotoworld’s Kay Adams will be a regular contributor for the show across both platforms.
NBC SPORTS RADIO
NBC Sports Radio will surround the 2013 NFL season with daily coverage on 339 radio affiliates, highlighted by McNabb and Malone; an all-sports show that leverages the unique perspective of two former NFL quarterbacks, and Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison; featuring three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison.
NBC SPORTS REGIONAL AFFILIATES
NBC Sports Regional Networks, which serve top NFL markets such as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and San Francisco, will surround the 2013 NFL season with in-depth news, analysis and original programming on the teams that matter most in more than 50 million U.S. households.
NO. 1 SHOW ON PRIMETIME TV KEEPS ROLLING ON
Despite a 60-minute weather delay, the San Francisco 49ers-Seattle Seahawks matchup on Sunday Night Football drew an average of 20.5 million viewers on NBC – marking the most-watched primetime NFL matchup between West Coast teams in nearly two decades.
Through three NFL telecasts, NBC is averaging 23.9 million viewers — the fourth consecutive year with a 23+ million average at this point in the season.
For more information on Sunday Night Football television and digital ratings, click here: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/09/17/49ers-seahawks-on-nbcs-sunday-night-football-most-watched-primetime-game-between-west-coast-teams-in-18-years/
2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
NBC will broadcast 19 primetime NFL games during the 2013 season, including NBC’s annual Thanksgiving night game, featuring the heated AFC North rivalry Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens.
|2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE|
|Sun. Sept. 22||Week 3||Chicago Bears at Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Sun. Sept. 29||Week 4||New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons|
|Sun. Oct. 6||Week 5||Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers|
|Sun. Oct. 13||Week 6||Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys|
|Sun. Oct. 20||Week 7||Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts|
|Sun. Oct. 27||Week 8||Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings|
|Sun. Nov. 3||Week 9||Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans|
|Sun. Nov. 10||Week 10||Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints|
|*Sun. Nov. 17||Week 11||Green Bay Packers at New York Giants|
|*Sun. Nov. 24||Week 12||Denver Broncos at New England Patriots|
|**Thurs. Nov. 28||Week 13||Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens|
|*Sun. Dec. 1||Week 13||New York Giants at Washington Redskins|
|*Sun. Dec. 8||Week 14||Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers|
|*Sun. Dec. 15||Week 15||Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers|
|*Sun. Dec. 22||Week 16||New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens|
|*Sun. Dec. 29||Week 17||TBA|
**Thanksgiving Night Game