|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.6/6||1.7/6||1.5/5||1.1/4||0.6/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (million)||8.127||6.560||9.203||3.386||3.501||1.114|
CBS was the number one network in adults 18-49 while NBC was on top with total viewers.
On CBS, the 90 minute premiere of predictions were too optimistic. The 90 minute season finale of garnered a 2.4 up 4 percent from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49 rating but down 4 percent from a 2.5 for last season’s finale on Wednesday, September 19, 2012.scored a 2.6 adults 18-49 rating down 19 percent from a 3.2 for last fall’s premiere on September 19 but up 8 percent from last spring’s premiere. It was the show's lowest rated fall premiere ever. Your
On NBC, The Million Second Quiz notched a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 8 percent from last week’s 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. The two hour season finale of America’s Got Talent earned a 2.5 up 14 percent from last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating and up 4 percent from a 2.4 for last year’s season finale on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
On FOX,matched the 2.2 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere.
Overnight ratings for Wednesday, September 18, 2013:
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (millions)|
|8:00||CBS||- Season Premiere (8-9:30PM)||2.6/8||9.52|
|NBC||The Million Second Quiz||1.2/4||4.92|
|9:00||NBC||America's Got Talent (9-11PM)||2.5/7||11.34|
|9:30||CBS||- Season Finale (9:30-11PM)||2.4/7||6.73|
In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The with Jay Leno," 3.1/9; CBS's " with David Letterman," 1.8/5 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.7/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The with Jay Leno,” 1.0/5; " ," 0.5/3 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.0/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.6/6 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/3 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2013 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.You can see TV ratings from other recent Overnight ratings reports here.Definitions: Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
For more information see Numbers 101.