Telemundo’s Local Broadcast of ‘Caso Cerrado Edicion Estelar’ Among the Most Watched Programs, Regardless of Language, in Key Markets
via press release:
TELEMUNDO’S LOCAL BROADCAST OF “CASO CERRADO EDICION ESTELAR” AMONG THE MOST WATCHED PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE,
IN KEY MARKETS
New Season of “Un Nuevo Dia” Garners Fastest-Growing Local TV Program in Local Markets Among Adults 18-49
“Noticiero Telemundo 51” at 11PM is Miami’s #1 Newscast, Regardless of Language, among Adults 18-49 for Sixth Consecutive Month
MIAMI (September 26, 2013) – During September, local broadcasts of Telemundo Media’s original productions delivered strong performances for Telemundo Station Group in local markets, according to Nielsen data. “Caso Cerrado Edicion Estelar” outranked English-language TV stations among adults 18-49 to become the second most-watched TV show, in its time period, in the Miami market and #3 in New York and Chicago. Also in Miami, “Noticiero Telemundo 51,” “Marido en Alquiler,” and “Santa Diabla” were the most watched programs across all stations among adults 18-49.
· “Un Nuevo Dia” (A New Day, M-F 7AM ET). was the fastest-growing local TV program in its time period, regardless of language, among adults 18-49 in Phoenix (+228%), San Francisco (+165%) and Houston (+143%). Telemundo’s morning show, which began a new season on September 9, also experienced impressive year-over-year growth in Miami (+118%), Dallas (+34%), Los Angeles (26%) and New York (+24%).
· “Caso Cerrado Edicion Estelar” (Case Closed Primetime Edition, M-F 7PM ET) was the second most watched program, regardless of language, among adults 18-49 in its time period in the Miami market, outranking English-language stations. In addition, the show ranked #3, regardless of language, in the same demo in New York and Chicago.
· “Dama y Obrero” (Lady and Worker, M-F 8PM ET) starring Telemundo’s renowned stars Ana Layevska, Fabian Rios, Felicia Mercado and Jose Luis Resendez, ranked #2, regardless of language, among adults 18-49 in its time period in the Miami market.
· “Marido en Alquiler” (Husband for Hire, M-F 9pm ET), starring popular telenovela stars Maritza Rodriquez, Sonya Smith and Juan Soler, was the most watched program, regardless of language, among adults 18-49 in its time period in Miami.
· “Santa Diabla” (Broken Angel, M-F 10pm ET), the steamy telenovela starring Gaby Espino, Aaron Diaz, and singing sensation and actor Carlos Ponce, was the #1 program across all stations, among adults 18-49 in its time period in Miami.
Late Evening Local News:
· Miami’s “Noticiero Telemundo 51” (M-F 11pm) outranked all other local stations as the most watched late evening local newscast in its time period among adults 18-49, regardless of language, for its sixth consecutive month.
# # #
Source: NSI Live+SD Data; Growth/Rank based on impressions; 8/23/2012-9/19/2012 & 8/29/2013-9/25/2013; LPM markets included: LA, NY, MI, HN, DL, CH, SF & PX