This week's season premiere episode of Saturday Night Live with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire averaged a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating in the 25 markets with local people meters.
via press notes:
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night (note that “SNL” averages are preliminary and subject to adjustment):
- “Saturday Night Live," with host Tina Fey and musical guest Arcade Fire (4.7/12 in metered-market households, 2.7/13 in adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters) is currently equaling the show’s household and 18-49 ratings from the “SNL” season finale on May 18 (with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West), pending updates.
- The 39th season premiere of “Saturday Night Live” ranks as the #1 telecast of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in both 18-49 rating in the Local People Meters and in metered-market household rating, outscoring all primetime programs on those networks.
- In household rating averages from Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, “Saturday Night Live” is currently matching its highest rating since April 6 (4.8 with host Melissa McCarthy and musical guest Phoenix). In 18-49 ratings from Nielsen’s 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Saturday Night Live” is equaling its highest rating since April 13 (2.8 with host Vince Vaughn and musical guest Miguel).
- “SNL” is currently running within a tenth of a rating point of the year-ago premiere, which ran two weeks earlier on September 15, 2012 (4.8/12 in metered-market households, 2.8/12 in the Local People Meters with host Seth MacFarlane and musical guest Frank Ocean), pending updates.
- National ratings, including viewer totals, for last night’s “Saturday Night Live” are due from Nielsen on Thursday, October 3.