via press note:
NBC is #1 for Premiere Week in 18-49 for a second year in a row.
NBC is up 7% vs. last year to its best premiere-weekin five years (and up 19% in total viewers).
NBC’s +35% margin of victory over #2 (3.1 vs. 2.3 for #2 ABC) is the biggest premiere-week win for any network in 16 years (since NBC’s +43% in 1997). NBC’s advantage is up from its year-ago margin of 12% (2.9 vs. 2.6 for #2 Fox).
The dominant NBC win comes on the heels of the network’s #2 finish for the 2012-13 broadcast year in 18-49, which marked the first time NBC has finished the year ahead of Fox or ABC without Olympic orhelp since 2002-03.
Net… Premiere Week 2012… Premiere Week 2013…Diff
Net…Premiere Week 2012…Premiere Week 2013…Diff
NBC…8.190 million …9.713 million…Up 19%
CBS…10.688 million…10.377 million…Down 3%
ABC…8.339 million …7.990 million…Down 4%
Fox…6.899 million …6.012 million…Down 13%
In total viewers, NBC finished premiere week in second place, its highest premiere-week rank in nine years (since 2004).
NBC’s 9.7 million viewers is its biggest overall audience for a premiere week in six years (since 2007).
NBC won the week in every key demographic – adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54 -- among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.
NBC’s “” is premiere week’s #1 primetime telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, total viewers, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and all key adult-male demos. The Monday and Tuesday debuts of “ ” tied for #1 on those networks in women 18-34 and the Tuesday edition was #1 among kids 2-11 (excluding sports pre- and post-game shows).
NBC’s top-rated programs of the week in adults 18-49 included:
- “ ” (#1)
- Monday’s “Voice” (#4)
- Tuesday’s “Voice” (tied for #5)
- “ ” (#9)
- “ ” (tied for #20)
- “Law & Order: ” (tied for #20).
Rankings excludes sports pre- and post-game shows.
- FIRST MONDAY-TUESDAY WEEK-ONE WINS IN 25 YEARS: NBC won both Monday and Tuesday of premiere week in 18-49 for the first time since 1988.
- NBC's Monday margin of victory (+74% in 18-49) is the biggest for any net on the Monday of premiere week in the history of people meters (back to September 1987).
- NBC’s Tuesday advantage (+38% in 18-49) is the biggest Tuesday premiere-week win for any net in six years.
- FIRST NET IN 19 YEARS TO DELIVER WEEK-ONE MONDAY-THURSDAY GAINS: NBC is the first Big 4 network in 19 years to deliver gains on each of the first four nights of the new season versus last year in both 18-49 and total viewers.
VERSUS TWO YEARS AGO…
Net… Premiere Week 2011… Premiere Week 2013…Diff
NBC…2.6…3.1…Up 19% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
CBS…3.3…2.2…Down 33% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
ABC…2.8…2.3…Down 18% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
Fox…3.4…2.2…Down 35% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
Net…Premiere Week 2011…Premiere Week 2013…Diff
NBC…7.495 million …9.713 million…Up 30% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
CBS…12.644 million…10.377 million…Down 18% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
ABC…9.871 million …7.990 million…Down 19% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
Fox…8.374 million …6.012 million…Down 28% Versus Premiere Week Two Years Ago
Show by Show
- Monday Voice: Up 21% (5.1 vs. 4.2) vs. year-ago early premiere; top "Voice" debut since post- (2/6/12).
- : Best rating for a regular 10 p.m. drama (3.8) on ABC, CBS or NBC in the past year.
- Biggest increase ever for any broadcast show going from L+SD to L+3 in total viewers(+4.4 million persons, from 12.6 million to 16.9 million. , L+3:
- Tuesday Voice: Biggest Tuesday debut ever in total viewers, in 18-49, biggest Tuesday debut since the series premiere
- Series record ratings (2.7/8 in 18-49, 8.9 million viewers overall). :
- : Tops its prior nine telecasts in total viewers, despite losing its "Voice" lead-in; in 18-49, finishes just a tenth behind its May sweep average (1.8 vs. 1.9).
- Law & Order : Launched its 15th season with the show's best rating since May 2011, up 29% versus year-ago premiere.
- Michael J. Fox Show: Up vs. year-ago premiere in slot by 16% in 18-49 (2.2 vs. 1.9), 94% in total viewers (7.3 million vs. 3.7 million).
- : Up 60% versus NBC’s average in the slot last season (1.6 vs. 1.0).
- NBC: Grew 15% in the 10 p.m. hour this year versus its 10-11 p.m. season premiere last year (1.5 vs. 1.3).
- nd biggest “ ” audience ever versus premiere-week Sunday competition. : 20.5 million is 2