via press note:
With It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, ABC won the opening night of the November Sweep for the first time in 6 years (since 2007) in Adults 18-49, leading runner up CBS by 30% (2.6/8 vs. 2.0/6).
- ABC’s Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy stood as the Top 2 TV shows of the night in Adults 18-49, respectively.
- From 8-9pm, ABC’s encore telecast of It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown beat NBC’s SNL Halloween Special by 29% in Adults 18-49 (2.2/8 vs. 1.7/6). In viewers and young adults, the special delivered ABC’s best numbers in the time period in 1 year – 11/1/12.
- From 9-11pm, Grey’s (2.6/8) and Scandal (2.9/9) both dominated their respective time periods in Adults 18-49, with Scandal essentially beating the combined delivery of CBS Elementary (1.7/5) and NBC’s Parenthood (1.3/4).
- In Total Viewers Grey’s (+2% – 4 week high) and Scandal (+7%) were each up week to week.
- Despite the decline in TV usages levels on Halloween night (-8% week to week), Scandal retained 100% of its week-ago delivery in Adult 18-49.