via press release:
CBS'S PREMIERE WEEK EPISODES SEE BIG VIEWER INCREASES WITH 30-DAY MULTI-PLATFORM PLAYBACK ON DVR, VOD AND ONLINE
“” and “ ” Soar to More Than 26 Million Viewers
“” Passes the 23 Million Viewer Mark
“Hostages” Grows +110% Above its Live Plus Same Day Premiere Audience;
“Mom” Up +72%, While “ ” Gains +57%
CBS's 30-day multi-platform audiences for premiere week registered big jumps, especiallyand , which both soared to more than 26 million viewers with the addition of 7-day DVR playback, video-on-demand and online streaming, according to Nielsen, Rentrak and CBS Interactive.
Key 30-Day Multi-Platform Highlights (Compared to live + same day):
- ' live plus same day audience swelled to 26.18 million viewers (+31% vs. live +same day).
- soared to 26.13 million (+38%).
- The premiere audience of freshman comedy increased to 23.53 million viewers (+52%).
- Freshman drama HOSTAGES registered the largest percentage increase from live same day, more than doubling its audience (15.54m from 7.41m, +110%).
- Freshman comedy MOM gained +72% (13.77m from 7.99m)
- gained +57% (15.99m from 10.18m).
“Viewers are now more able to discover new programs, catch up on missed episodes of these programs, and never miss an episode of their favorite programs,” said David Poltrack, Chief Research Officer, CBS Corporation, President, CBS VISION.
“As we saw last season with, the combination of DVR playback, VOD and streaming has allowed the most popular new and continuing broadcast network programs to continually add to their base of viewers throughout the year. This season we already are seeing a substantially greater use of time-shifting by viewers to expand their viewing horizons, leading to larger overall audiences for the most popular programs, including both the established hits and the hot newcomers,” said Poltrack.