via press release:
Live + 7 Day Ratings: "Toy Story of Terror!" Grows to 16.7 Million/ABC Again Claims Most Top 10 Playback Gainers
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/14/13 (Week #4):
Based on Nielsen's TV playback data among Adults 18-49, ABC grew to a 2.6among Adults 18-49 in the final Live + 7 numbers, soaring 37% over its Live + Same Day number to stand as the week's biggest gainer among the major networks.
For the 3rd week in a row, ABC claimed the most Top 10 playback gainers of any broadcast network. With each show adding on more than +1.5 rating points in Adults 18-49 over their L+SD numbers, ABC had 5 of the week's 10 biggest TV playback gainers on the broadcast networks:'s (+2.1 rating points), (+1.8 rating points), (+1.7 rating points), Toy Story of TERROR! (+1.7 rating points) and (+1.6 rating points). ABC also had 5 of the 10 biggest overall gainers on the broadcast networks: Toy Story of TERROR! (+6.2 million), 's (+4.2 million), (+4.0 million), (+3.9 million) and (+3.9 million).
ABC had the week's biggest drama gainer for the 2nd straight week on the broadcast networks among Adults 18-49 ('s ) and delivered the week's biggest overall gainer on any network (Toy Story of TERROR!). Growing to 16.7 million Total Viewers, ABC's Toy Story of TERROR! gained +6.2 million viewers in time-shifted viewing, qualifying as the season's 2nd-biggest increase in L+7 for any single telecast (behind only the second episode of NBC's ).
· For the 3rd straight week, ABC'sscored the show's largest-ever increases in L+7, tacking on another +1.6 rating points and +3.9 million viewers to grow to a 4.9 rating among Adults 18-49 and 13.4 million Total Viewers in the final Live + 7 Day ratings. In fact, drew its biggest-ever audience and hit a series high in Adults 18-49 (tying its season premiere) in the L+7 numbers.
· For the 3rd time in its 3 telecasts of the season, ABC's Scandal has delivered new highs in TV playback with each week. For the week, Scandal added on another +1.6 rating points and +3.9 million viewers to grow to a 4.9 rating among Adults 18-49 (matching its season premiere at a series high) and 13.4 million Total Viewers in the final Live + 7 Day ratings.
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Network averages based on all programming. Program rankers based on original telecasts only.
Season-to-Date TV Playback (9/23/13-10/20/13):
Based on TV playback data for the 2013-14 season, ABC claims 4 of the Top 10 biggest gainers among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks:(+2.1 rating points), (+1.9 rating points), 's (+1.8 rating points) and Scandal (+1.5 rating points).
· With larger playback gains than Fox's(+2.0 rating points) and NBC's (+1.9 rating points) among Adults 18-49, ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D. is the season's biggest gainer for any freshman series (+2.1 rating points). In fact, S.H.I.E.L.D. stands as the season's biggest broadcast drama gainer in young adults.
· S.H.I.E.L.D ranks as the season's #1 new show and #1 broadcast drama in the key young adult demo (5.5 rating). The new ABC drama is also Tuesday's #1 TV show this season with Adults 18-49, beating NBC'sby 12% (5.5 vs. 4.9).
· ABC'sis the new season's #2 scripted series among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks (6.0 rating).
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Program rankers based on regular, original telecasts only.