Arsenal-Liverpool Premier League Match on NBC is the Most-Watched Game of the Season
via press release:
THE FIRST 100… PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHES
Stamford, Conn. – November 7, 2013 – Since the Premier League season began on August 17, there have been 100 matches played. This past weekend’s Arsenal-Liverpool match on NBC was the most-watched game of the season with an average of 991,000 viewers.
Following is a look at notable facts and figures through the season’s first 100 matches.
In the first 100 Premier League matches of the 2013 season…
- 12 million viewers tuned in, up 82% from this point last year (6.6 million on ESPN/ESPN2 and Fox Soccer).
- 64.5 million minutes watched live on NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets, NBC Sports Live Extra, which has offered all 100 games via “TV Everywhere,” the media industry’s effort to make quality content available to authenticated customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms.
- 430 hours of Premier League coverage including game, studio and shoulder programming aired on NBC, NBCSN and CNBC (25,821 minutes).
- 430 players from 63 different countries have played.
- 240 goals scored.
- 68 clean sheets kept by goalkeepers.
- 53 matches televised on NBC, NBCSN, and CNBC.
- 47 matches aired on Premier League Extra Time, a bonus television package available to MVPDs at no extra cost for customers who receive NBCSN.
- 25.6 hours of Premier League Live, NBC Sports Group’s pre- and post-match show featuring Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle, Kyle Martino, and Robbie Mustoe presented.
- 21 Spanish-language games televised on Telemundo (2) and mun2 (19).
- 12 red cards given (319 yellow cards).
- 1 active player in the TV booth (Tim Howard, Chelsea-Manchester City, 10/27/13).
10 Most-Watched Premier League Games This Season:
|Arsenal-Liverpool||NBC||Sat., Nov. 2||991,000|
|Everton-Chelsea||NBC||Sat., Sept. 14||917,000|
|Crystal Palace-Sunderland||NBC||Sat., Aug. 31||865,000|
|Manchester City-Manchester United||NBCSN||Sun., Sept. 22||852,000|
|Swansea City-Manchester United||NBC||Sat., Aug 17||792,000|
|Aston Villa-Liverpool||NBC||Sat., Aug. 24||789,000|
|Arsenal-Tottenham Hotspur||NBCSN||Sun., Sept. 1||574,000|
|Liverpool-Manchester United||NBCSN||Sun., Sept. 1||570,000|
|Manchester United-Chelsea||NBCSN||Mon., Aug. 26||536,000|
|Tottenham Hotspur-Swansea City||NBCSN||Sun., Aug. 25||459,000|
Below is the NBCUniversal schedule for the 11th week of the Premier League season (all times ET):
|Fri., Nov. 8||7:30 p.m.||Barclays Premier League Preview||NBCSN|
|Sat., Nov. 9||9:30 a.m.||Premier League Live||NBCSN|
|Sat., Nov. 9||10 a.m.||Chelsea v. West Bromwich Albion||NBCSN, mun2|
|Sat., Nov. 9||10 a.m.||Liverpool v. Fulham||Extra Time|
|Sat., Nov. 9||10 a.m.||Southampton v. Hull City||Extra Time|
|Sat., Nov. 9||10 a.m.||Crystal Palace v. Everton||Extra Time|
|Sat., Nov. 9||10 a.m.||Aston Villa v. Cardiff City||Extra Time|
|Sat., Nov. 9||Noon||Premier League Live||NBCSN|
|Sat., Nov. 9||12:30 p.m.||Norwich City v. West Ham United||NBC|
|Sun., Nov. 10||6:30 a.m.||Premier League Live||NBCSN|
|Sun., Nov. 10||7 a.m.||Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle United||NBCSN|
|Sun., Nov. 10||9:05 a.m.||Sunderland v. Manchester City||NBCSN|
|Sun., Nov. 10||11:10 a.m.||Manchester United v. Arsenal||NBCSN, Telemundo|
|Sun., Nov. 10||11:10 a.m.||Swansea City v. Stoke City||Extra Time|
NBC Sports Group presents the most ambitious, extensive and comprehensive coverage of the Premier League available anywhere in the world with all 380 Premier League matches available live in the United States on the networks of NBCUniversal, on the Premier League Extra Time bonus TV package, and streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra. In total, NBC Sports Group will present more than 1,600 hours of Premier League programming.
–NBC Sports Group–