TVGN Announces 7 Original Projects in Development
via press release:
TVGN (TV GUIDE NETWORK) ANNOUNCES SEVEN
ORIGINAL PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT
Network Dives into Original Programming with Projects That Feature
Hollywood Lifestyle, Celebrities and Fandom
LOS ANGELES — Nov. 12, 2013 — TVGN (TV Guide Network) today announced seven new projects in development with several of the top producers in unscripted television. The slate includes a celebrity buzz show featuring headlines in social media, a celebrity-travel hybrid show, a star-driven game show and a Hollywood home makeover show.
“We have commissioned a slate of original projects that capture compelling and exciting stories of Hollywood, fandom and obsession,” said Brad Schwartz, President of Entertainment and Media, TVGN. “TVGN is committed to doing what CBS and Lionsgate do best – create hit shows that audiences love.”
TVGN’s development slate includes the following projects (all show names are working titles):
- ROCK THE BOAT: NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK: Obsessed fans take the vacation of a lifetime when they board a cruise for a week-long party on the high-seas with America’s favorite bands. The first group to headline this all-new series franchise is New Kids on the Block (NKOTB), one of the hottest bands in music history. ROCK THE BOAT: NKOTB will be produced by Jarrett Creative Group in association with Executive Producer and NKOTB band member Donnie Wahlberg.
- TMI: This quick-witted and fun show will deliver the top stories in Hollywood and entertainment through the lens of celebrity tweets and posts. TMI will be produced by Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television with Eli Frankel (“The Amazing Race,” “Braxton Family Values” and “American Chopper”) as Executive Producer.
- WATCH! MAGAZINE TV PROJECT: Part travel show, part celebrity biography, part high fashion, this original series goes behind the scenes of CBS’s Watch! Magazine as it takes TV’s biggest stars to the world’s most exotic destinations for shoots with the world’s best photographers. WATCH! MAGAZINE SERIES will be produced by TV Guide Productions.
- CELEBRITY CELEBRITY: Based on the popular parlor game, this lively show will feature two teams of celebrity contestants as they compete to guess famous names based on their teammates’ clues, and rack up money for their favorite charities. CELEBRITY CELEBRITY will be produced by Avalon Television (“Workaholics”) with Joshua Malina (“Scandal,” “West Wing” and “Celebrity Poker Showdown”), Hrishikesh Hirway (“Our Nixon”), David Martin, Dan Lubetkin, Jon Thoday and Richard Allen-Turner as Executive Producers.
- HAVE YOU SCENE MY ROOM: Hosted by Joe Maddalena, the industry’s leading authority on Hollywood memorabilia, this home makeover series transforms a superfan’s entire room into a real-life Hollywood tribute to his or her favorite movie or television show. Co-hosted by Tanya McQueen (“Extreme Makeover Home Edition,” “Property Ladder”), HAVE YOU SCENE MY ROOM will be produced by Trium Entertainment (“Something Borrowed, Something New” and “Recipe Rehab”).
- TOUR WARS: Underneath the perceived glitz and glamour of Hollywood Boulevard is an underbelly of competitive and hungry tour-giving vendors who are willing to go to extremes in order to cash in on excitable tourists. TOUR WARS will be produced by Rogue Atlas Productions and Four Henrys Productions in association with Lionsgate Television. Eli Frankel, Aisha Corpas Wynn and Blaine Vess will serve as Executive Producers.
- THE STORY BEHIND (WORKING TITLE): Viewers will get an inside look at some of the most successful shows in television history. Featuring award-winning shows like “Friends” and “ER,” THE STORY BEHIND will reveal stories straight from the set and feature exclusive interviews with cast, producers and television executives such as Steven Spielberg, Warren Littlefield, John Wells and Neal Baer. THE STORY BEHIND will be produced by TV Guide Productions.
TVGN (TV Guide Network) is a highly distributed entertainment network owned by CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF). The venture combines CBS’s programming, production and marketing assets with Lionsgate’s resources in motion pictures, television and digitally delivered content. Seen in more than 80 million homes, TVGN’s programming celebrates Hollywood with original series and specials. TVGN’s new ownership structure is comprised of the company with the #1 broadcast network and many of the top first-run syndication series (“Entertainment Tonight,” “OMG! Insider”) and the studio that distributes the blockbuster “Hunger Games” and “Twilight” franchises and produces such award-winning dramas as “Mad Men.”