via press release:
On Monday, December 2, TLC takes viewers across the country with Buddy "" Valastro in the new series BAKERY BOSS, as he brings his famous blend of business skills and baking expertise to help other bakers that are struggling to make their American dreams come true.
Having made his own family-run neighborhood bakery, Carlo's, known around the world, Buddy understands the challenges of running a business – and the complications of doing it with relatives at your side. Now, Buddy will spend time helping families in crisis, both personally and professionally, by evaluating their every ingredient and technique, and challenging them to make big changes all in an effort to transform their crumbling dreams into a sweet success.
BAKERY BOSS will feature 12 bakeries, including:
- Baked Euphoria Cakes & Pastries in Endwell, NY
- Bing's Bakery in Newark, DE
- Drew's Pastry Place in Houston, TX
- Grandma Millie's Bakery in Johnstown, NY
- Kristi G's Cupcakes and More in Lewisville, TX
- Laura's Sweets Specialty Bake Shoppe in Sugarloaf, NY
- Lidia's Bakeshop & Café in Dobbs Ferry, NY
- Not Jus’ Donuts Bakery in Houston, TX
- Oteri's Italian Bakery in Philadelphia, PA
- Pastry is Art in North Miami, FL
- Prince Street Cafe and Bakery in Bedford, MA
And, in the premiere episode on December 2, Buddy visits the borough of Queens to help Violet's Bake Shop, a Hungarian Jewish Bakery in Fresh Meadows, NY. This bakery needs Buddy's help because Violet’s son Michael quit his job to come help at her bakery, but now, the business is split in two-- and is suffering. Violet will not let Michael make any changes to the bakery and her husband Marty has spent thousands of dollars just to keep the doors open. When Buddy discovers that most of the bakery’s baked goods are bought from an outside supplier, can he convince a stubborn Violet that changes need to be made in order to bring this business and family back together? In this clip, Buddy points out that if they don't make changes, they won't be able to turn the business around: