Fox Sports 1 Posts Most-Watched Month, Week & Event Since Launch
via press release:
MOMENTUM BUILDS AS FOX SPORTS 1 POSTS MOST-WATCHED MONTH, WEEK & EVENT SINCE LAUNCH
Driven by its two best full weeks and two most-watched events ever, November 2013 has the distinction of being FOX Sports 1’s highest-rated calendar month since its August launch, according to Nielsen Media Research. Anchoring the month’s performance was the record-setting viewership for Friday’s (11/29) Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State, plus UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter Finale and Prelims (11/30), which combined to make Thanksgiving week (Nov. 25 – Dec. 1) FOX Sports 1’s most-watched full week ever, in both prime time and total day, eclipsing its previous week-long mark set earlier in the month (11/4-10). Highlights include:
– November (1-30) total day averaged 134,000 viewers to set a new FOX Sports 1 mark for a full calendar month, +17% over October (115,000), and +33% over September (134,000 vs. 101,000). In prime time, November increased +113% over October (457,000 vs. 215,000) and +86% over September (457,000 vs. 246,000).
– The week of 11/25 is now the most-watched full week in FOX Sports 1 history, averaging 192,000 viewers total day, a +22% over the second most-watched week set just four weeks ago (11/4, 157,000).
– Oregon State-Oregon college football game on 11/29 averaged 2,179,000 viewers and is now the most-watched telecast in FOX Sports 1 history, and marks the second time in three weeks that FOX Sports 1 has broken its own audience record (Oklahoma vs. Baylor on 11/7 attracted 2,110,000 viewers). The game was also the most-watched sports event of the day on ad-supported cable television.
– Following the Oregon State-Oregon, FOX SPORTS LIVE from 10:53 PM ET-12:00 AM ET garnered 522,000 viewers making it the most-watched edition ever.
– THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE and THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE PRELIMS on 11/30 are the second and fourth most-watched UFC events in FOX Sports 1 history with 1,129,000 viewers and 938,000 viewers, respectively. The 938,000 viewers for TUF FINALE PRELIMS is 150% above what prelim events on FOX Sports 1 have averaged to date (375,000).