via press release:
25 YEARS AT THE TOP!
"THE YOUNG AND" CELEBRATES AN UNPRECEDENTED 25 CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS DAYTIME'S #1 DRAMA
Delivering its Largest Audience to Begin a Season Since 2011-2012
CBS Daytime Lineup #1 For 27 Consecutive Years
With today's release of Network television's daytime ratings, CBS'S THE YOUNG AND 25 years as the #1 daytime drama, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Dec. 2.has marked its 1,300 consecutive week or
THE YOUNG AND Dec. 26, 1988., currently in its 40th season with more than 10,250 episodes, began its winning streak the week of
Season-to-date, THE YOUNG ANDis averaging 5.10 million viewers, its largest audience to begin a season since 2011-2012.
THE YOUNG ANDis first this season in both women 25-54 (2.1/13) and women 18-49 (1.4/10, tie). THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS has also been first in women 25-54 for 354 of the past 356 weeks and first in women 18-49 for the 349 of the last 352 weeks.
"I am so proud of the talented cast and crew, past and present, for making THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS #1 for 25 years," said Angelica McDaniel, Senior Vice President, CBS Daytime. "A special thank you to our loyal and passionate fans for helping us reach this incredible milestone."
25 YEARS OF "THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS" MILESTONES
- Peter Bergman joins the cast as Jack Abbott in November, 1989, replacing Terry Lester who originated the role. Bergman has been nominated for 17 Daytime Emmys and has won three.
- In 1993, Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) became the first daytime actor to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 1994, a car driven by Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) runs down Paul (Doug Davidson) and Christine (Lauralee Bell). The truth wouldn’t come out until the storyline was revisited in 2012.
- In 1999, Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) and Jill (Jess Walton) are awarded joint custody of the Chancellor mansion.
- Shemar Moore wins a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in 2000.
- Y&R was the first daytime drama to be broadcast in high definition (2001).
- In May 2005, Cassie Newman (Camryn Grimes) dies tragically, attempting to drive a drunk Daniel Romalotti (Michael Graziadei) home from a party.
- The 10,000th episode aired on Thursday, September 27, 2012.
- Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) and Nikki Newman (Melody Thomas Scott) marry for the 4th time in March, 2013.
- Over the years, Y&R has tackled a wide range of social issues including alcoholism, teen pregnancy, breast cancer, eating disorders, sexual harassment, AIDS and cyber bullying.
- Y&R has filmed on location in numerous locations around the world including Bermuda, Nevis, Paris, New Orleans, and Hawaii.
CBS's Daytime lineup has also been number one for 27 years, beginning with the 1986-1987 season. This season, all of the Network's daytime dramas (THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL), game shows (THE PRICE IS RIGHT, LET'S MAKE A DEAL) andare posting year-to-year growth in viewers and/or women 25-54.
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS is broadcast weekdays (12:30-1:30 PM, ET; 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, PT) on the CBS Television Network and is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony Pictures Television.