ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’ Sets a New High in TV playback for its 3rd Straight Telecast
via press release:
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 11/25/13 (Week #10):
Please Note: Much of ABC’s lineup was in repeats or pre-empted during the week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
ABC claimed 3 of the week’s Top 5 biggest broadcast gainers among Adults 18-49, with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+1.3 rating points), Once Upon a Time (+1.3 rating points) and Castle (+1.3 rating points).
· ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. gained +1.3 rating points over its L+SD number to finish as Tuesday’s #1 series among Adults 18-49 in the L+7 data, leapfrogging over NBC’s The Voice to lead by 3-tenths of a rating point (3.9 rating vs. 3.6 rating). Initially in the Live + Same Day ratings, the ABC drama was three-tenths of a rating point behind the NBC unscripted series.
· Once Upon a Time delivered a new high in TV playback among Adults 18-49 for its 3rd consecutive telecast, spiking +68% this week over its L+SD number.
· Gaining +1.3 rating points over its L+SD number, the winter finale of ABC’s Castle grew to a 3.4 among Adults 18-49 to match a season high in the L+7 ratings.
Season-to-Date TV Playback (9/23/13-12/01/13):
Based on TV playback data for the 2013-14 season, ABC continues to claim the most Top 10 playback gainers of any broadcast network, with 5 shows each in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. In Total Viewers, each show adds on nearly +4.0 million or more viewers to their L+SD tallies: Castle (+4.3 million), Modern Family (+4.2 million), Grey’s (+4.0 million), Scandal (+3.9 million) and S.H.I.E.L.D. (+3.9 million). Among young adults, ABC has 3 of the Top 5 and 5 of the Top 10 biggest TV playback gainers on the broadcast networks: Modern Family (+1.9 rating points), Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+1.8 rating points), Grey’s Anatomy (+1.8 rating points), Scandal (+1.5 rating points) and Once Upon a Time (+1.3 rating points).
Nearly all of ABC’s key returning series are seeing bigger percentage gains among Adults 18-49 from L+SD to L+7 this year than last: Castle (+57% vs. +50%), Dancing with the Stars (+20% vs. +18%), Grey’s Anatomy (+62% vs. +53%), Last Man Standing (+46% vs. +31%), Modern Family (+49% vs. +45%), Nashville (+71% vs. +57%), The Neighbors (+30% vs. +15%), Once Upon a Time (+59% vs. +42%), Revenge (+59% vs. +50%), Scandal (+48% vs. +45%) and Shark Tank (+32% vs. +21%).
· Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is Tuesday’s #1 TV show this season with Adults 18-49 based on original telecasts, beating NBC’s The Voice (4.7 rating vs. 4.6 rating). In fact, based on first-run telecasts in the L7 Adult 18-49 ratings, ABC claims the season’s #1 TV show on Tuesday (S.H.I.E.L.D. – 4.7 rating), the #1 show on Wednesday (Modern Family – 5.8), the #2 and #3 shows on Thursday (Grey’s – 4.7 – and Scandal – 4.6) and the #2 show on Friday (Shark Tank – 2.5).
· Modern Family is the season’s #2 scripted series among Adults 18-49 on the broadcast networks (5.8).
· ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D (4.7), Grey’s Anatomy (4.7) and Scandal (4.6) place among the season’s four highest-rated broadcast dramas among Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Network averages based on all programming. Program rankers based on regular, original telecasts only.