Click this link for the latest NBC renewal / cancellation information:
- NBC Renew/Cancel Wrap: 'Community,' 'Revolution,' 'Dracula,' 'Crisis,' 'Believe,' 'Growing Up Fisher' Canceled; 'Hannibal,' 'Parenthood,' 'About A Boy,' 'Law & Order:SVU' Renewed
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2013-14 season in May, 2014. (includes results from September 16-December 15, 2013):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
|Parks & Recreation||0.74|
|Law & Order:||1.10|
We're into the holiday season for the Renew / Cancel Index and this post before the 's holiday break gives readers a chance to pick which shows they'd cancel were they a network programmer. You can vote as many times as you'd like, pick as many as you'd like. I've included every show still on the air, even canceled ones, so that no one feels left out!
Scheduling note: The Renew / Cancel Index will return with new Indexes and predictions on January 7, 2014 and will then only use the ratings since December 30, 2013 for its calculations for the remainder of the season. Expect some prediction changes in the first weeks of 2014.
- :oops: - certain to be cancelled by May, 2014
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2014
- :| - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2014
- :) - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2014
- :mrgreen: - certain to be renewed by May, 2014
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How have the Renew / Cancel Index Predictions Worked Out In Past Seasons? See all the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from recent past television seasons.