via press release:
THE CW MIDSEASON RATINGS REPORT CARD
At the halfway point of the 2013-14 season, The CW continues to make gains across all platforms, on broadcast and on digital:
· The CW is up 8% year to year in total viewers season to date (2.07M vs. 1.92M). Through December 15, it is the network's most watched season in three years (2010-11 season). The CW is also up 13% in adults 18-49 (0.9/3 vs. 0.8/2), up 10% in women 18-49 (1.1/3 vs. 1.0/3), and flat in adults 18-34 (0.8/3). (Most Current Nielsen data season-to-date 9/23/13-12/15/13, versus 9/24/12-12/16/12)
· In final Live + 7 Day ratings for the November 2013 sweep, The CW finished up in total viewers and in key demos, rising 8% in total viewers (2.36M vs. 2.19M), up 11% in adults 18-49 (1.0 vs. 0.9), up 18% in women 18-49 (1.3 vs. 1.1), and remaining even in adults 18-34 (0.9).
· The network has seen the most dramatic growth on Tuesday nights, where THE ORIGINALS has emerged as one of the hottest new series this fall, paired with SUPERNATURAL. (all ratings are Most Current Nielsen ratings through 12/15/13)
o THE ORIGINALS has improved its time period performance (8-9 pm) versus last season by 88% in adults 18-34 (1.5 vs. 0.8), by 100% in adults 18-49 (1.6 vs. 0.8), by 62% in women 18-34 (2.1 vs. 1.3), by 91% in women 18-49 (2.1 vs. 1.1) and by 78% in total viewers (3.2M vs.1.8M).
o SUPERNATURAL, in its ninth season on a new night, is up 17% versus last season in adults 18-34 (1.4 vs. 1.2), up 33% in women 18-34 (1.6 vs. 1.2), up 15% in adults 18-49 (1.5 vs. 1.3), up 31% in women 18-49 (1.7 vs. 1.3) and up 10% in total viewers (3.2M vs. 2.9M).
o SUPERNATURAL has improved its new Tuesday 9-10 pm time period by 180% in adults 18-34 (1.4 vs. 0.5), by 200% in adults 18-49 (1.5 vs. 0.5), and by 109% in total viewers (3.2M vs. 1.53M) versus last season.
· Wednesday nights show ARROW performing on par with last year, when it was one of the breakout hits of the fall season.
· On Thursday, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is holding steady year to year in its fifth season, and has routinely outrated ABC, NBC, and Fox in its time period among adults 18-34.
· While The CW is gaining viewers on-air, it continues to see huge growth in the digital streaming of full episodes, and remains hugely popular across social platforms.
o Across all digital platforms (CWTV.com, mobile and tablet apps, Hulu), digital streaming of The CW is up 52% versus last season.
o Mobile viewing alone has increased 185% versus last season, and now surpasses viewing of full episodes on computers. The CW mobile app, which launched only last year, has now been downloaded 6.7 million times.
o In its first season, THE ORIGINALS is now The CW's second-most streamed series, averaging 1.9 million streams per episode, behind only THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, which averages 2.5 million streams.
o THE ORIGINALS is also ranked as the most popular new show on social media, according to ListenFirst, which aggregates and analyzes data streams across social, digital and traditional channels.
o SUPERNATURAL was the most re-blogged television show on Tumblr in 2013. Of the top five most re-blogged actors on Tumblr, three of them were the stars of SUPERNATURAL, with Jensen Ackles at #2, Jared Padalecki at #4, and Misha Collins at #5. (The other actors in the top five: Benedict Cumberbatch at #1 and Matt Smith of Doctor Who at #3)
o The CW's most popular show on Facebook is THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, which has more than 17.5 million likes for its official show page.