via press release:
STRONG RATINGS FOR CHRISTMAS PROGRAMMING
CAPS OFF UP’S BEST YEAR EVER
Network on Track to Reach New Heights in Several Key Demos
ATLANTA, December 20, 2013 – With two weeks remaining in 2013, UP, America’s favorite channel for uplifting entertainment, announced today that it is trending to have its best year ever among W25-54, W18-49, A25-54 and A18-49. (Source 1)
Capping off the successful year was UP’s 40+ days and 400+ hours of Christmas programming, which began on November 17 when the network raised the curtain on its annual “America’s Christmas Channel” theme.
Leslie Glenn Chesloff, UP’s executive vice president, programming, said, “2013 was a stellar year for us from January right through to a tremendous finish with our Christmas programming in November and December. Once again, our well-established ‘America's Christmas Channel’ brand and the extraordinary, uplifting content behind it gives us great momentum as we head into the New Year. Overall, our commitment to producing original movies and series is really paying off and we expect to see continued growth in 2014 and beyond.”
“America’s Christmas Channel” ratings highlights include:
· UP Premiere Movie, Christmas for a Dollar. Premiered on Dec. 15 and its 7 p.m. airing ranked #17 in the time period in households. On its premiere night, the movie had a gross average audience of 1,037,000 P2+.
· UP Original Movie, Marry Me for Christmas: Premiered on Dec. 14 and its 9 p.m. airing ranked #6 in the time period among African-American W25-54. On its premiere night, the movie earned a gross average audience of 673,000 P2+. (Source 2)
· UP Christmas Special, “K-LOVE Music City Christmas.” Premiered on Dec. 9 at 8 p.m. and ranked #22 in the time period among W25-54 and #30 among P25-54. On its premiere night, the special earned a gross average audience of 359,000 P2+. (Source 3)
· UP Original Movie, Guess Who’s Coming to Christmas. Premiered on Dec. 8 and its 7 p.m. airing ranked #27 in the time period among W18-49 and #29 among W25-54. On its premiere night, the movie earned a gross average audience of 858,000 P2+. (Source 4)
· UP Premiere Movie, Silver Bells. Premiered on Dec. 1 and its 7 p.m. airing ranked #37 in the time period among W25-54. On its premiere night, the movie earned a gross average audience of 540,000 P2+. (Source 5)
UP, America’s favorite network for uplifting entertainment, is a 24-hour television network that provides high-quality, diverse, family-friendly programming, including original and premiere movies, theatricals, drama and comedy series, music and holiday specials. UP can be seen in 65 million homes in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) on cable systems including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Charter and Cox Communications as well as DIRECTV (Channel 338), DISH Network (Channel 188) and Verizon FIOS (Channel 224). As part of its mission to entertain and uplift, the network’s pro-social initiative “Uplift Someone” reminds and inspires people to do simple acts of kindness. UP is also a service provider to its sister network ASPiRE. Based in Atlanta, UP is a division of UP Entertainment, LLC, which also offers gMovies, the first faith-friendly streaming movie service. Follow UP on the Web at www.UPtv.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UPtv, Twitter on @UPtv and Instagram at UP_TV.