‘Saturday Night Live’ With Host Jimmy Fallon and Musical Guest Justin Timberlake Delivers Highest Overnight Ratings in Two Years
This week’s episode of Saturday Night Live with host Jimmy Fallon and musical guest Justin Timberlake averaged a 3.9 adults 18-49 rating in the 25 markets with local people meters, way up from the 2.1 the last Saturday Night Live original earned.
via NBC press notes:
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
- “Saturday Night Live,” with host Jimmy Fallon and musical guest Justin Timberlake, averaged a 6.3/16 in household results in Nielsen’s 56 metered markets and a 3.9/18 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, making it the top-rated “SNL” in both categories in nearly two years, since the Jan. 7. 2012 edition hosted by Charles Barkley with musical guest Kelly Clarkson (7.0/18 in metered-market households, 4.1 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters), which benefited from a primetime NFL overrun.
- Excluding nights of NFL overruns, it’s the top “Saturday Night Live” in both categories since the season finale on May 21, 2011, hosted by Justin Timberlake and featuring musical guest Lady Gaga (7.0/17 in metered-market households, 4.5 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters).
- It’s the top-rated “Saturday Night Live” Christmas edition in nine years in metered-market households, since the Dec. 18, 2004 telecast hosted by Robert De Niro with musical guest Destiny’s Child (6.6/16) and the top Christmas show in the Local People Meters in the six years NBC has tracked that measure (excludes primetime Christmas specials).
- Last night’s results top prior Christmas editions hosted by both Jimmy Fallon (Dec. 17, 2011, 5.3/13 in metered-market households, 3.0 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters) and Justin Timberlake (Dec. 16, 2006, 5.5/13 in metered-market households).
- The Dec. 21 “Saturday Night Live” is the #1 telecast of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in both metered-market households and 18-49 rating in the Local People Meters, topping all primetime programming on those networks in both categories.