This week's episode ofwith host Jimmy Fallon and musical guest Justin Timberlake averaged a 3.9 adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters, way up from the 2.1 the last original earned.
via NBC press notes:
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
- “ ," with host Jimmy Fallon and musical guest Justin Timberlake, averaged a 6.3/16 in household results in Nielsen’s 56 metered markets and a 3.9/18 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, making it the top-rated “SNL” in both categories in nearly two years, since the Jan. 7. 2012 edition hosted by Charles Barkley with musical guest Kelly Clarkson (7.0/18 in metered-market households, 4.1 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters), which benefited from a primetime NFL overrun.
- Excluding nights of NFL overruns, it’s the top “ ” in both categories since the season finale on May 21, 2011, hosted by Justin Timberlake and featuring musical guest Lady Gaga (7.0/17 in metered-market households, 4.5 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters).
- It’s the top-rated “ ” Christmas edition in nine years in metered-market households, since the Dec. 18, 2004 telecast hosted by Robert De Niro with musical guest Destiny’s Child (6.6/16) and the top Christmas show in the Local People Meters in the six years NBC has tracked that measure (excludes primetime Christmas specials).
- Last night’s results top prior Christmas editions hosted by both Jimmy Fallon (Dec. 17, 2011, 5.3/13 in metered-market households, 3.0 rating in 18-49 in the Local People Meters) and Justin Timberlake (Dec. 16, 2006, 5.5/13 in metered-market households).
- The Dec. 21 “Saturday Night Live” is the #1 telecast of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in both metered-market households and 18-49 rating in the Local People Meters, topping all primetime programming on those networks in both categories.