via press release:
Highest-Rated NBA Christmas Day Tripleheader Ever on ESPN
ESPN’s Best NBA Christmas Day Prime-Time Doubleheader
Houston Rockets-San Antonio Spurs Delivers Best Christmas Day Rating Ever in Prime Time
The 2013 NBA Christmas Day tripleheader on ESPN averaged a 2.3 overnight, making it the highest-rated ever for the network, according to Nielsen. The tripleheader was up 10 percent from a 2.1 in 2012, which was the previous best.
In addition, ESPN’s prime-time doubleheader averaged a 2.3 rating, up 21 percent from a 1.9 in 2012, making it the highest-rated NBA Christmas Day prime-time doubleheader ever. The doubleheader was led by the Houston Rockets at San Antonio Spurs game, which scored a 2.4 overnight rating, an all-time best for an NBA Christmas Day game in a prime-time window.
Houston Rockets at San Antonio Spurs (8 p.m. ET)
- It generated a 2.4 overnight rating, which is the best-ever for an NBA Christmas Day game in a prime-time window;
- The telecast was up 41 percent compared to the Rockets at Chicago Bulls game in 2012 (1.7);
- The game generated a 5.6 rating in Houston, which is the second highest-rated NBA regular-season game on ESPN ever in the market.
Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors (10:30 p.m.)
- It generated a 2.3 overnight rating, matching the second highest-rated NBA Christmas Day telecast on ESPN ever in prime time;
- The telecast was up 15 percent compared to the Denver Nuggets at Clippers game in 2012 (2.0);
- The game generated a 3.9 rating in San Francisco, which is the third highest-rated NBA regular-season game on ESPN ever in the market;
- In Los Angeles, the game scored a 4.7 rating, which is the fifth highest-rated NBA regular-season game on ESPN ever in the market.
Chicago Bulls at Brooklyn Nets (12 p.m.)
- It generated a 2.3 overnight rating;
- The telecast delivered a 3.1 rating in the Chicago market and a 2.9 in the New York market.
NBA Christmas Day on ABC
The defending NBA Champion Miami Heat’s victory over the Los Angeles Lakers delivered a 4.9 overnight rating, while the Oklahoma City Thunder’s victory over the New York Knicks generated a 3.7.