‘Best of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon’ Hits a One-Year Non-Sports/Non Golden Globes Timeslot High for NBC
via press note:
- From 9-11 p.m. ET, “Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Primetime Special” (2.0/5 in 18-49, 5.7 million viewers overall) delivered NBC’s highest non-sports / non-Golden Globes results in the time period in the past year (since Jan. 5, 2013) in both adults 18-49 and total viewers.
- For its second hour from 10-11 p.m. ET, “Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Primetime Special” beat the original ABC and CBS competition in every key demographic, and generated a 40% margin of victory in adults 18-49 (2.1 vs. 1.5 for CBS’s second-place “Mentalist”). From its first half-hour to its fourth, “Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Primetime Special” grew by 22% in adults 18-49 (to a 2.2 rating from a 1.8).
- From 7-9 p.m. ET, the Sunday season debut of “Dateline NBC” (1.3/3 in 18-49, 5.9 million viewers overall) reported the network’s highest non-sports results in the time period since March 17 in 18-49 and total viewers and matched NBC’s top non-sports 18-49 rating in the slot since the Golden Globes on Jan. 13, 2013.
- From its first half-hour to its fourth, “Dateline” grew by 78% in 18-49 rating (to a 1.6 from a 0.9) and by 40% or 1.9 million persons in total viewers (6.7 million vs. 4.8 million).
- For its fourth half-hour from 8:30-9 p.m. ET, “Dateline” ranked #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in total viewers.
NOTE: All national ratings are “live plus same day” from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.