via press release:
LIGA MX SEASON OPENING WEEKEND ON UNIVISION NETWORKS DELIVERED MOST-WATCHED WEEKEND OF LMX ACTION
LMX Season Opener on Univision Deportes Network Outperformed English Premier League Matches and NBA Games Last Week
- Univision Networks broadcast of eight Liga MX Opening Season matches was the most-watched weekend of LMX action in almost two years with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- The LMX season opening match of Santos vs. Chivas, which aired on Univision Deportes Network from 10:24 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. ET on Friday, January 3, 2014, delivered an average of 513,000 Total Viewers and 371,000 Adults 18-49:
- Outperforming all three live English Premier League matches on NBC Sports Network last week as well as the two live NHL games on NBC Sports Network last week
- Out-delivered all five live NBA games on NBA TV last week
- The Club America vs. Tigres match, which aired on Univision Network from 5:55 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 4, 2014, delivered 1.1 million Total Viewers and 601,000 Adults 18-49.
- The Monterrey vs. Cruz Azul, which aired on UniMás from 7:56 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 4, 2014, delivered 690,000 Total Viewers and 390,000 Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data