‘Secret Lives of Stepford Wives’ to Premiere Tuesday, April 8 on Investigation Discovery
via press release:
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY’S ALL-NEW SERIES “SECRET LIVES OF STEPFORD WIVES,”
REVEALS THE UGLY TRUTH THAT COSMETICS CAN’T CONCEAL
(Pasadena, CA) – Classic Stepford wives strive to be perfect homemakers in a world of prize-winning pie recipes, PTA meetings, and perfect martinis but, behind closed doors, their marriages are as tarnished as neglected sterling silver. In the all-new series SECRET LIVES OF STEPFORD WIVES, Investigation Discovery reveals the dirty laundry of real housewives desperate to cover up their deception, adultery, and greed in order to project a flawless family life. In the picket-fenced home where they raise their 2.5 children, they giggle demurely at their husbands’ jokes and refresh cocktails like clockwork. If these ladies who lunch weren’t impeccably dressed in the latest styles from Valentino, you’d think they stepped out of a time machine from 1958. They appear the picture of absolute perfection, but when the sugary façade begins to crack, down come the walls of their country club fairytales. With 12 episodes, SECRET LIVES OF STEPFORD WIVES premieres Tuesday, April 8 at 10 & 10:30 E/P on Investigation Discovery.
“Every community has that one devastatingly attractive alpha-female with the Bergdorf-blonde hair and effortless charm that men love and other women love to hate,” said Henry Schleiff, Group President of Investigation Discovery, Destination America, and Military Channel. “SECRET LIVES OF STEPFORD WIVES reveals the ugly truth behind pretty women whose lives are all wine and roses, until someone discovers the skeletons in their walk-in closet.”
Each 30-minute episode features the true story of a housewife whose desire to keep up with the Joneses is matched only by her desperation to sweep her wrongdoings under the rug. Episodes include:
- Playdate with Death – When suburban homemaker Candy Montgomery becomes bored by her cookie-cutter routine, she finds herself an exciting new hobby: a salacious affair with a church friend’s husband. From secret hotel rendezvous to church choir run-ins, this affair is exactly what Montgomery needs to spice up her blasé day. However, even the best-laid plans can go awry. When her lover’s guilt threatens to end the relationship, Montgomery’s seamless life starts coming undone and an unexpected confrontation ends in axe murder.
- Third Time’s the Charm – Yvonne Stern is a domestic goddess, perfectly capable of balancing the needs of her family and her role as queen of the Houston social scene. When she isn’t redecorating their million-dollar mansion or shopping at high-end boutiques, she’s on the soccer field cheering on her young children. But in a world of high society affairs, it’s not all glamour and air kisses. Stern’s husband, a prominent lawyer, has developed a deadly conflict of interest that will leave her fighting for her life.
- American Nightmare – At 23, Rose Keil’s life changes forever when she answers a mysterious ad in her local German newspaper. She is jetted off to Palm Beach to live in the lap of luxury with her new beau, real estate magnate Fred Keller, who is 35 years her senior. They soon marry and welcome a beautiful baby boy. But, this May-December romance goes from hot to cold when Keil can no longer stand her husband’s controlling ways. She wants a divorce and a piece of his $100 million fortune. Eleven days after their divorce is finalized, a business meeting turns fatal when three people are shot, leaving one dead. Is the domineering husband or the strong-willed wife at fault?
- Milkshake Murder – Nancy Kissel lives a charmed life. From her high-fashion look to her sprawling $20,000-a-month Hong Kong apartment, this ex-pat wife projects the image of perfection. But even when you think you have it all, it turns out something’s always missing. As her workaholic husband makes millions, Kissel buries her loneliness in high-end retail and $5,000 haircuts. When an Asian epidemic temporarily forces her and the children back to the states, she decides to renovate her luxury Vermont ski home with an upgrade that includes an affair with the TV repairman. When a private investigator begins unraveling this housewife’s dirty little secrets, someone winds up dead.
- The Mad Scientist – Michelle Rivera Nyce is a beautiful girl from a small village in the Philippines whose life changes forever when she signs up for an American pen pal service. She finds love with a shy scientist who sweeps her off her feet to the suburbs. When her hubby creates a new potion and strikes it rich, Nyce’s life goes from modest to millions. But despite the mansion, fancy cars, and closet full of clothes, she grows restless and begins a secret affair with her gardener. Torn between two loves, can Nyce have it all or will the truth destroy her?
- Upper East Side Shootout – Fabulously wealthy housewife Barbara Kogan is the toast of New York society. With her husband of 25 years, retail and real estate mogul husband George Kogan, she enjoys an extravagant life with an unlimited expense account. But George is keeping a dangerous secret from his wife – one that threatens their life together. Barbara’s lavish world is pulled out from under her when George dumps her for a younger woman. After a two-year-long bitter divorce, one of the Kogans is shot dead, and the ensuing 18-year manhunt uncovers a shocking surprise.
SECRET LIVES OF STEPFORD WIVES is produced for Investigation Discovery by Sharp Entertainment with Matt Sharp as executive producer and Rebecca Bruno as co-executive producer. For Investigation Discovery, Lorna Thomas is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is Group President.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading mystery-and-suspense network on television and America’s favorite “guilty pleasure.” From harrowing crimes and salacious scandals to the in-depth investigations and heart-breaking mysteries that result, ID challenges our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. One of our nation’s fastest growing cable networks, ID delivers the highest-quality programming to nearly 85 million U.S. households and is available in both high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD). For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world’s #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 2 billion cumulative subscribers in 220 countries and territories.