‘Community’ is Up 17 Percent Versus Year-Ago Second Episode; Season High for ‘Parks & Recreation’

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Community January 9

via press note:

  • From 8-8:30 p.m. ET, week two of “Community” (1.4/4 in adults 18-49, 3.6 million viewers overall) is up 17% versus last season’s second episode in 18-49 (1.4 vs. 1.2 on Feb. 14, 2013) and up 29% in total viewers (3.570 million vs. 2.760 million).  “Community” is also up week to week by 8% versus last week’s season premiere in 18-49 (1.2), a significant turnaround versus last year, when the second “Community” declined versus the prior week’s premiere by 37% (1.2 vs. 1.9).
 
  • The 1.4 rating matched the top “Community” score in 18-49 since March 7, 2013 and the 3.6 million in total viewers is currently the show’s high since Feb. 7, 2013 (which was the “Community” season premiere).
 
  • “Community” ranked #2 in the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults, men an women 18-34 and adults, men and women 18-49 and tied for #2 in adults 25-54.
 
  • With its first original telecast in seven weeks, “Parks and Recreation” (1.4/4 in 18-49, 3.4 million viewers overall from 8:30-9:01 p.m. ET) hit season highs in 18-49 and total viewers.  In total viewers, it’s the top “Parks since Feb. 7, 2013.
 
  • Versus its prior original seven weeks ago, “Parks” is up 0.4 of a point or 40% in 18-49 (1.4 from 8:30-9 vs. a 1.0 from 8-9:01 on Nov. 21) and up 20% in total viewers (3.367 million vs. 2.811 million).
 
  • “Parks and Rec” ranked #2 in the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults, men and women 18-34 and adults 18-49 and tied for #2 in adults 25-54.
 
  • “Sean Saves the World” (1.0/2 in 18-49, 3.2 million viewers overall from 9:01-9:30 p.m. ET) is up week to week by 0.2 of a point or 25% in 18-49, matching its top rating since Nov. 7.  In total viewers, the gain is 13% (3.159 million vs. 2.790 million).  L+3 Time-Shifting: Last week’s “Sean Saves the World” grew by 27% or 0.23 of a rating point going from its L+SD rating to L+3 (0.85 to 1.08).
 
  • “The Michael J. Fox Show” (1.0/2 in 18-49, 3.1 million viewers from 9:30-10 p.m. ET) grew week to week by 0.2 of a point or 25%, in 18-49, hitting its top rating since Nov. 7.  In total viewers, “The Michael J. Fox Show” is up versus the prior week by 25% (3.140 million vs. 2.502 million) to its biggest overall audience since Nov. 7.  “The Michael J. Fox Show” retained 100% of its adult 18-49 lead-in.  L+3 Time-Shifting: Last week’s “Michael J. Fox Show” grew by 42% or 0.32 of a rating point going from its L+SD rating to L+3 (0.76 to 1.08).
 
  • “Parenthood” (1.3/4 in 18-49, 4.2 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m.) matched its highest 18-49 rating since Oct. 3, during the second week of the season, and hit its total-viewer high since the show’s season premiere on Sept. 26.  “Parenthood” won the hour among ABC, CBS and NBC in adults 18-34 and women 18-34 and ranked #2 in most other key categories.  L+3 Time-Shifting: Last week’s “Parenthood” grew by 69% or 0.87 of a rating point going from its L+SD rating to L+3 (1.26 to 2.13).
blog comments powered by Disqus