'

Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'Parks and Recreation' Adjusted Up

Categories: '

Written By

January 10th, 2014

The Big Bang Theory January 9

The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation were each adjusted up a tenth among adults 18-49 versus the preliminary Thursday broadcast ratings.

Want to know why adjustments occur to the preliminary ratings? Read this.

Broadcast primetime final ratings for Thursday, January 9, 2014

Time Net Show 18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (Millions)
8:00 CBS The Big Bang Theory (9-9:31PM) 5.7/17 20.35
CW Reign - R 0.3/1 0.95
9:30 CBS Two and a Half Men (9:30-10:01PM) 2.4/7 9.58
NBC The Michael J. Fox Show 1.0/3 3.11
10:00 CBS Elementary (10:01-11PM) 2.0/6 9.97
NBC Parenthood 1.3/4 4.26
ABC The Assets 0.6/2 2.92

Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

• Jay

Great for Parks and Rec! I hope for it to get renewed along with Community.

And Community and Parks are descended from that comedy shows that comedy fans like, similar to 30 Rock. So it’s obvious there is crossover. If I’m not mistaken, this is their spots from last year.

• archmadness

The big bang theory is basically all about sarcasm. Haven’t watched it in 3 years. At a certain point you just come to the conclusion that enough is enough. The characters are idiots. They’re book smart but know nothing about life.

• Jon

Every generation has their tbbt. People said the same things about seinfeld friends cheers etc. Why are there so many people watching. Ill tell you why they were all funny.

• archmadness

@jon

So because it’s popular means it’s funny? Sorry I have to disagree completely. Justin Bieber and One Direction are popular. Music is trash. Modern Family is way funnier and it does it without a laugh track.

• Jami

Chris_SAdvisor
    Posted January 9, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Wow Revolution 8 plot holes in one episode is a new record. Having someone that was born after the blackout (16 years ago) being 25 is the best so far. Watching Aaron walk from mid-Texas to Oklahoma in a single day was not bad either.

It will be down to 1.4 next week. They really need someone with a clue to replace Kripke. I wonder why none of the other EP’s are stepping in considering it is their profits that are being threatened. Too bad Rockne is not actually writing, I wonder what happened since he was going to save the show as lead writer.

Wow I was just on tv finale and there you were ranting the same rant about REVOLUTION. You must watch shows you hate. LOL.
    I am not as confident that REVOLUTION will be renewed, not because of the ratings, because I agree Revolution was put in a death slot, but it has not dies yet. Your same rant is getting old.

• Eve

@Jon, @archmadness,

Even Parks & Rec is funnier than TBBT.

• Douglas from Brazil

As glad I am to see Community and Parks doing better I’m afraid that won’t be last.The real test is when American Idol and TVD return adn we’ll see if they share same audience.But still Community seems in better shape than last season, maybe Harmonn effect?

• Pr

I’m sorry but TBBT is consistently funny. You’ll laugh at least three times during the episode. You can actually relly on it for jokes, just like Friends back in the day. It had nothing especial, but it was comedy. Meanwhile, so-called sitcoms like “Girls” or “New Girl” can’t even give you a smile.

• archmadness

But tbbt has one thing going for it, it’s not as bad as two and a half men since ashton’s arrival. Now that show is a disaster.

• Robin

@Jami
    Monroe’s son was born way before the blackout that’s why he is 25

• Steve

@Kissan — why do so many people watch The Big Bang Theory? Because it’s funny?

Big Bang Theory is more the older style of comedy, akin to Barney Miller or Night Court. Most people don’t pay attention to the laugh track anyways.

I don’t get some of these posters:

“Big Bang Theory gets 20 million viewers”
    Reaction: Next…

“Community gets 3.7 million viewers and moves up 1/10th of a point in the demographic”
    Reaction: SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!! (very original, by the way).

• Hey

I’m happy for parks and rec and community but I wish they would be on an hour later. Then they could go up against crap like reign and 2 1/2 men. Not that I like tbbt, but other people in my house do so then I have to choose between recording the vampire diaries or the two nbc comedies

• Steve

@Pr It had nothing especial, but it was comedy. Meanwhile, so-called sitcoms like “Girls” or “New Girl” can’t even give you a smile.

Well, if you like Lena Dunham naked, Girls will give you a lot of smiles. :) I had a hard time getting into “The New Girl” though. It kinda lacked.

• Doug

@Jon Comparing TBBT with Seinfeld is simply unacceptable. With Friends maybe, but Seinfeld is in a league of its own and the grotesquely offensive TBBT should never even be mentioned in the same sentence.

• snoot

Nothing better than seeing the Thursday ratings when TBBT destroys every network single handedly. Another solid night for the NBC comedies lol

• Parker

yay Parks!!! Here’s to hoping for at least one more season!

• Brandy

I hate how NBC comedy fans feel they have to bash a show they don’t like or watch-TBBT.dont like BBT? Fine.But why bash it and whine how it gets great ratings and NBC comidies don’t and how they feel TTBs ratings are undeserved/unwarranted or how “superior “Community/Parks are?Some shows have an audience or are hits/sucsess and others aren’t.Does putting down BBT make them feel better?Its like trash talking the richest,coolest,best looking,most popular student in school cause your bitter,jelous,immature.Cant they just let BBT have & enjoy thier sucsess?I hate how NBC comedy fans state thier opinion -that BBT sucks and Community/Parks are “intelligent,superior shows” -as fact /gospel like they speak for everyone and how they can’t understand that taste/comedy/humor/is subjective and how they say “I don’t like or get the appeal of BBT” like they’re saying “i dont like/get it so no one should either”,like they’re the only person/people in the world or thier opinion is the only that matters.Part of BBT sucsess is due to syndication,part of it is due to airing on CBS ” the most watched network”& part of it is is that BBT is a “broad comedy” appealing to more viewers than NBCs niche comedies appealing to a niche/cult audience.NBC comedy fans don’t make me want to check out thier shows because of thier attitude.

• CBSviewer

So happy for The Crazy Ones and Parks & Recreation :)

• everton

I can not understand why so many critics for tbbt, you guys really think anyone a bad show would attract over 20 million viewers, is not like simply change the channel or go read a book :), someone is asking for your criticism? , Tbbt is a monster and be content with nbc shows and super fun night!

Ps , read HP .

• Kate

Wow TBBT almost toppled NCIS out for total viewers, but when the 7 day DVR total comes out in a few weeks, it will be over 26 million viewers, NCIS will be looking up not down.