'

Thursday Final Ratings: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'Parks and Recreation' Adjusted Up

Categories: '

Written By

January 10th, 2014

The Big Bang Theory January 9

The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation were each adjusted up a tenth among adults 18-49 versus the preliminary Thursday broadcast ratings.

Want to know why adjustments occur to the preliminary ratings? Read this.

Broadcast primetime final ratings for Thursday, January 9, 2014

Time Net Show 18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (Millions)
8:00 CBS The Big Bang Theory (9-9:31PM) 5.7/17 20.35
CW Reign - R 0.3/1 0.95
9:30 CBS Two and a Half Men (9:30-10:01PM) 2.4/7 9.58
NBC The Michael J. Fox Show 1.0/3 3.11
10:00 CBS Elementary (10:01-11PM) 2.0/6 9.97
NBC Parenthood 1.3/4 4.26
ABC The Assets 0.6/2 2.92

Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

• charlie

@Brandy i read the first few lines of your comment and blanked out wow

• Joseph A

Thinking that ABC helped the other networks with how they produced THE TASTE this season. The pace and change to the elimination proecess did not help the THE TASTE, I found myself unable to watch the show and just changed the channel to CBS.

• Mirelle

Parenthood went up a little, at least in the viewers per million. I’m excited for them. An incredible, but a truly underrated series. the cast could not be better.

And, then there is Big Bang…..They are no underdog, at least not anymore, but I am still Sso happy with how well the series is doing. Fantastic episode last night. A great follow-up to the week before.

Here’s to Parenthood making it to 5 million in viewers.

• Eve

@Brandy

Community and specially Parks & Rec are praised constantly for critics, not just “NBC comedy fans”. And you can’t tell me that TBBT and TAAHM jokes are waaaay simpler than P&R, Community and even Modern Family (and added to that, they also need a laugh track).

@everton

TBBT is funny, but dull. Yes it can attract 20 million viewers.

• Joe

It’s time to renew Crazy Ones.

• TVMed

Community and Parks are being crushed by CBS. Why would they come back? They have already slashed their license fee and dropped cast members. And both are not setting the world on fire in syndication.

• TVMed

How are jokes on TBBT which revolves around geniuses and professors necessarily simpler than those about community college and public servants? Even Ashton’s character is smarter than anyone on Community and Parks. Just because the shows are popular and rely on character humor doesn’t mean they are being written more simply.

• TVMed

Arch, there is no laugh track on the CBS comedies. Those are called studio audiences, unlike Modern Family. You have no idea what you are talking about.

• archmadness

@brandy

I’m not an nbc fanboy. Lol I don’t really care about networks. I care about good shows. Tbbt is not one.

• CBSviewer

The Crazy Ones and The Millers will both be Renewed while Mom will be canceled.

• TVMed

Where’s that brain surgeon who said “mini-series can’t be canceled”? The Assets just pulled for Shark Tank reruns.

• TVMed

Mom will be renewed. Two words: Chuck Lorre.

• TVMed

Why are authorities on comedy never funny?

• frostbr

Make fun of smart people don’t make you smarter.

• Hey

Even if it is a studio audience and not a laugh track, I still hate it. If something is funny I can laugh for myself. I’m not an idiot I don’t need to be shown when something is supposed to be funny

• Brandy

Community /Parks might have some awards and critical praise but so does BBT.I never critics didn’t love them, just that fans should stop bashing another comedy that’s more sucsessful cause it dosent make NBC Comedy fans don’t make themselves or thier shows look/seem better.Also, BBT has a lot of smart science talk/jokes in so..TBBT has blown up in ratings,in syndication,keeps winning awards including People’s Choice Awards for a reason.Community /Parks aren’t in completion for renwal with BBT so why do NBC comedy fans bash it?Sure,there’s shows I don’t like and shows I love that I wish had better ratings but at least I can support/praise/love my shows without tearing other shows down.BBT is the highest rated comedy and highest rated tv show,20 million viewers watch it weekly so they must be doing something right.There hasn’t been a sitcom with these ratings in 10 or more years so BBT must be doing something right.Of course fans of low rated bubble shows will attack a show that will last at least three more seasons(CBS is working on a three year renewal deal now).

• JoshD

Yay Parks! A 1.5 for anything on NBC on Thursday is like platinum gold!

Someone mentioned moving Community and Parks up an hour. I actually agree and have wondered why NBC didn’t try that seeing as SSTW and MJF are not doing well at all. Put them on at 8:00 and 8:30, Community at 9:00 and Parks at 9:30. If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, I think Parks did a lot better in a 9:30 slot. Anyone know for sure?

Interested to see the ratings for next week. If more people did tune into Parks just to see the 100th episode, I hope they come back! I’m selfishly just not ready to say goodbye to that show.

One more thought about renewals and such. A lot of people are saying Parks will get renewed for a final 13 episode season. I would rather have that then nothing but if NBC uses their head, they should renew both Community and Parks, it seems they work well airing together, for full seasons and premiere all the new shows, once they get rid of SSTW and MJF, for 13 episodes and see what happens with them and then decide what to do with Parks and Community. It wouldn’t make sense for NBC to get rid of all the Thursday night comedies at once. That may screw them even more. Just my thoughts but again, I love Parks and want it to be on forever.

• TVMed

“Making fun,” frostbr, “not make fun.” Quirky comedy doesn’t necessarily equal smarter.

• TVMed

But, Hey, comedies have used studio audiences for decades and performers have a give and take with the audience, like theater. Doesn’t make a show better or worse having an audience.

• TVMed

It doesn’t matter where Community and Parks air. They don’t do well first-run or in syndication.