via press release:
SYFY UNVEILS PLAYERS ON OPPOSITE WORLDS
AMERICA VOTES FOR FINAL TWO COMPETITORS ON SYFY.COM
Future vs. Past Reality Series Hosted by Luke Tipple Premieres January 21
Unique Interactive Social Experiment Calls On Viewer Participation To Influence On-Screen Competition
NEW YORK – January 14, 2014 – Syfy today revealed 12 of the players who, in two opposing teams, will compete head-to-head in the fast-paced, intense weekly challenges on Opposite Worlds. The final two players will be decided by a viewer vote on Syfy.com (polls currently open).
Adding to the drama on Opposite Worlds is a glass wall dividing the house into the two environments, allowing the teams to watch, envy and dread each other's every move. Viewers can contribute to the chatter about Opposite Worlds – and affect each weekly challenge - by following the handle @syfyoppworlds and using the hashtag #oppositeworlds on Twitter.
The 12 players are:
· Jeffry Calle, 25, from Suffern, NY (currently resides in Fontana, CA), Non-profit Coordinator
· J.R. Cook, 28, from Pineville, WV (currently living in Knoxville, TN), Attorney
· Samm Murphy, 28, from Jacksonville, FL (currently resides in Marina Del Rey, CA), Medical Supplies Distributor
· Charles Haskins, 39, from New York, NY (currently resides in Orlando, FL), Military Reserve/Youth Boxing Coach
· Rachel Horton, 27, from Sherman Oaks, CA (currently resides in Encino, CA), Multimedia Personality/Professional Gamer
· Angela Lima, 34, from Minneapolis, MN (currently resides in Marina Del Rey, CA), VP at vegan food company
· Danielle Pascente, 25, from Phoenix, AZ (currently resides in Santa Monica, CA), Sports Model/Personal Trainer
· Lisette Resille, 32, from Tuscon, AZ (currently living in Sherman Oaks, CA), Nurse
· Frank Sansonetti, 35, from and currently residing in Staten Island, NY, Firefighter
· Lauren Schwab, 27, from Valley Center, KS (currently living in Marina Del Rey, CA), Fulcrum Adventures Instructor
· Wyatt Werneth, 47, from and resides in Cocoa Beach, FL, Military/Public Safety Diving Specialist
· Jesse Wilson, 34, from Knights Ferry, CA (currently resides in Los Angeles, CA), Model/Photographer
And viewers can vote on Syfy.com now to choose the remaining two players from the following four:
· Steve DiCarlo, 24, from Burnt Hills, NY (currently resides in Lomita, CA), Journalist
· Kevin Donoghue, 38, from and currently residing in Monroe, NY, Personal Trainer
· Mercy Ukpolo, 25, from Rancho Cucamonga, CA (currently resides in Bakersfield, CA), Operations Manager
· Natela Valentin, 30, from Sochi, Russia (currently resides in Los Angeles, CA), works in jewelry sales
Opposite Worlds will be executive produced by JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic, Adam Kaloustian and Curtis Colden for Eyeworks USA. The series is based on the hit Chilean format, Mundos Opuestos, originally broadcast on Canal 13 and distributed by Banijay International.
About Eyeworks USA
Eyeworks USA is one of television's most prolific producers of reality and non-fiction programming, producing shows grounded in the ability of people to change and transform their lives. Current series include Extreme Weight Loss in season four for ABC; Bar Rescue in season four for Spike (the network’s #1 show across all male demos); My Cat from Hell, in season five for Animal Planet; LA Hair, in season three for WEtv; and new hit Oxygen series My Big Fat, among many other series. Roth and Nelson are also known for producing the first 11 cycles of the award-winning The for NBC. Other Eyeworks series include Family S.O.S. with Jo Frost for TLC, TV Land's Forever Young, as well as the long-running, genre-creating franchise for VH-1, Beauty and the Geek.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)