|Adults 18-34: Rating/Share||1.2/4||1.5/5||0.8/2||1.1/3||0.9/3||0.6/2|
|Total Viewers (million)||6.762||3.798||10.545||3.193||2.526||3.791|
Note: There were weather related break-ins in several East Coast markets. ABC was preempted in Pittsburgh and the CW was preempted in Baltimore, Norfolk and Richmond for college basketball. The CW basketball preemptions affected a total of 2.4% of the country.
NBC was the number one network in adults 18-49 while CBS was on top with total viewers.
On NBC, Theearned a 1.9 up 12 percent from last week's season low 1.7 adults 18-49 rating. matched last week's season low 1.8 adults 18-49 rating.
On ABC,garnered a 1.5 down 17 percent from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. notched a series low 1.0 down from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Killer Women matched last week's 0.7 adults 18-49 rating.
On FOX,scored a 1.5 up 25 percent from last week's series low 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. garnered a 1.9 up a big 36 percent from last week's series low 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. earned a 1.8 up 13 percent from last week's season low 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. notched a 1.5 up 36 percent from last week's season low 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.
On The CW, The Originals earned a 1.0 up 11 percent from last week’s 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.scored a 1.1 up 10 percent from last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating.
Broadcast primetime ratings for Tuesday, January 21, 2014
|Time||Net||Show||18-49 Rating/Sh||Viewers (Millions)|
|CBS||: Los Angeles - R||1.6/4||10.36|
via NBC press note:
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
- In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The with Jay Leno," 3.2/8; CBS's " with David Letterman," 2.3/6; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.0/5.
- In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The with Jay Leno,” 1.1/5; " ," 0.5/2; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
- From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's " " averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
- From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.6/6 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late with Craig Ferguson" (1.1/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped "Late " (0.3/2).
- At 1:35 a.m., " with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.
Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)
Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.