'The Blacklist' Jumps 9% Week to Week

Categories: Network TV Press Releases

Written By

January 28th, 2014

The-Blacklist-21-550x366

via press release:

 

  • "The Blacklist" (2.5/7 in adults 18-49, 10.0 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET) jumped week to week by 9% in 18-49 rating (to a 2.5 from a 2.3) and by 13% or 1.1 million persons in total viewers (9.961 million vs. 8.832 million) to capture the night’s #1 drama results in both categories.  “The Blacklist ranks #1 the hour among ABC, CBS and ABC in adults 18-49 and all other key measures.  Note that “The Blacklist” is heavily time-shifted, last week growing in L+3 by a best-yet 70% in 18-49 rating and setting an industry record by adding 5.430 million viewers overall (see details below).

 

  • Last night’s The Blacklist” was up 67% in 18-49 versus NBC’s January 2013 average in the time period, also without a “Voice” lead-in (2.5 vs. 1.5), and was up 132% or 5.7 million persons in total viewers (9.961 million vs. 4.285 million).

 

  • L+3 Time-ShiftingThe Jan. 20 “Blacklist” set a new all-time record for biggest “live plus three-day” increase on U.S. broadcast or cable television, growing by 5.430 million viewers versus the show’s next-day “live plus same day” result (to 14.262 million vs. 8.832 million).  On a percentage basis, it was an increase of 61%, the show’s biggest percentage increase in total viewers to date.  “The Blacklist” has now delivered the seven biggest total-viewer increases of all time going from “live plus same day” to “live plus three day” results.  The gain of 5.430 million for the Jan. 20 episode narrowly beats the prior record of 5.426 million for the Nov. 4 telecast.

 

  • From 8-9 p.m. ET, "Hollywood Game Night" (1.5/4 in 18-49, 5.6 million viewers overall) matched the “HGN” series record in adults 18-49 and rose 18% week to week to break last week’s series record in total viewers (5.586 million vs. 4.715 million).  Versus its second week last summer, the 8 p.m. “Hollywood Game Night” is up 25% in 18-49 rating (with a 1.5 vs. a 1.2 on July 18, 2013) and up 43% in total viewers (5.586 million vs. 3.919 million).

 

  • From 9-10 p.m. ET, last night’s second edition of "Hollywood Game Night" averaged a 1.3/3 in 18-49 and 4.5 million viewers overall, to top the prior week in total viewers by 7% (4.524 million vs. 4.230 million).
 
  • Lukel

    Yay! NBC finally has a hit show besides The Voice and SNF!

© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures